Monday, June 25, 2018

Happy Monday my friends. Did you have a wonderful weekend? Ours was non-eventful; just doing the usual things. Saturday we puttzed around the house. I mowed yards, Ms. Kate worked on making cards. We have a bunch of birthdays coming up that she needs to make cards for. Everybody loves getting her cards.

Yesterday we had church and I did the sermon. We had seventy in church and that is super. We gained a new member on the roles yesterday. Actually, the lady is a returning member. She was raised in our church and moved away for awhile. Now she has moved back and has rejoined the church. We are really doing well with our attendance. We average at least twenty more people in attendance every Sunday compared to a year ago. Pastor Art is really good at evangelism and has no problem stopping in to see people and talking to them about their faith and trying to bring the to church. I'm glad he is that way because it isn't my forte'. This coming Sunday will be Art's turn to preach and it will be communion Sunday. That should be a well attended service too.

Today I have office hours until noon and it is a rainy and humid day. Once I'm done at the church I may stop by a nursing home and see Don Sander on the way home. I have a couple of other people that I need to go see too but I think I will do that on Wednesday after we finish our staff meeting. I'd like to take communion to some folks. But today, I think I'll just work on my sermon for the 8th of July. I started it a couple of days ago and only got the preface done. Now I need to marry the body with the scripture. It seems to take me a little longer some days to warp my head around what I'm trying to convey.

I need to get busy and get to work.. I apologize if this is a bit short. I can't give you much of an update on the backyard buffet. Most of my regular customers are hiding out in the trees I guess and trying to dodge the rain drop. So far I've had a couple of blackbirds and a couple of cardinals and that is about it except for one robin that is challenging the blackbird for a feeder. The blackbird will win that battle every time because they are so territorial and quick to take on a fight with those sharp beaks. Oh, and I do have one squirrel that is nosing around on the ground grabbing some sunflower seeds.

I hope your day is better than the weather and is full of sunshine; if not outside --- at least in your heart and mind. Peace my friends. God is always with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment