Tuesday, June 12, 2018

It is Tuesday morning and I’m asking myself why was I out of bed at 0630? After all, I’m on vacation and am not in a hurry to go anywhere. It is a rainy morning with storms on the way and we want to try to plan our departure to be sandwiched between the rain. We only have about four hours worth of travel today at the most so rushing out in the storms and rain doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to me. But the answer to my original question is that I’m always up early on travel days. So, I guess I’l just suck it up buttercup and press on.

It is a strange morning because I don’t have any guests at the buffet this morning to speak of. There’s a couple of finches and I’ve seen one cardinal. Maybe I’m just too early for them. One squirrel has finally arrived. It’s sitting there on the feeder pole looking around, surveying the area probably making sure the neighbor’s cat isn’t in the yard. Julie’s dogs kept the squirrels occupied most of the weekend and they also kept the neighbor’s cats out of the yard. I can be happy with that.

I only have my travel bag partly packed. It doesn’t take long to throw in a few clothes when you aren’t worried about whether this thing goes with that thing. “Guy packing” means underwear, socks, jeans, shirts, and a shaving kit. How hard is that? And frankly, we are going to be close enough to home that if it was critical that we have something, we could always swing back by the house to get it. Not that I would advocate that. BUt, we need to do a little banking this morning and I have a couple of other things to take care of before we go, I almost forgot to stop the mail but remembered it late last night. Since it can be done “on-line”, it is an easy thing to do.

Well, the woodpeckers have shown up now which means tha the starlings won’t be far behind since they battle over the same feeders and food. The squirrel is still sitting there and hasn’t dropped down to the feeders yet. Maybe he is waiting on reinforcements to arrive.

I hope your day is filled with good things and if you are in the path of any of these storms, I hope you stay safe from harm. If you are reading this, then God has blessed you with another day and another chance to make a difference in someone’s life. Look around you and reach out and share your blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment