Thursday, June 7, 2018

A blessed Thursday morning to you! Yes, I know, I missed writing yesterday but it was an activity filled day and I just never got around to it. I normally do my blog first thing in the morning but I had a Bible study first thing yesterday, followed by dental cleanings, grocery shopping, lunch out, home to mowing the yard and hoeing the garden and then starting a complete re-write of my sermon for the Sunday after we get back from vacation.

Today though, we are counting minutes until Lisa arrives at the airport and starts a four day visit. It is neck hugging time once again. I do so enjoy it when my girls come for a visit. we are very fortunate that Julie decided to move to southern Indiana from the Boston area several years ago. We get to see her about once a month and those visits are such a blessing. It has been, I think two years, since Heather has been here. Her husband has yet to come to our house. Their work schedules have not allowed them the time since they got married a couple of years ago. Maybe now that he has retired and they only have to shuffle one work schedule they can make it. But, Ms. Kate and I know what that id like. For thirty plus years the only vacations (military leave) we took were to go home to see parents. Then it was rush, rush to see this one and that one and then drive back to wherever we were stationed. By the time we got back to our base we felt like we hadn’t had a vacationat all.

It has been health check-up month for me. I had my physical a couple of weeks ago. Then I went to the optometrist; that cost me $850.00. Yesterday was dental. So, I should be good to go for another six months until we do it all over again. I do have to go back to the dentist because I have a filling that has broken and need to be replaced; yuk!! All said though, I am extremely blessed that I have good health. People may have to put up with me for a lot more years.

Okay, just got a text that Lisa is on the plane and heading this way. I need to scurry and get my shower and get ready to go get her. Have a blessed day. I already am. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment