Saturday, June 9, 2018

Sunny Saturday and hot with a healthy dose of muggy to go with it. Jim is down for a nap, Lisa is on the couch for a nap, Ms. Kate and Julie are both on the IPads probably playing Klondike and I’m in the sun porch monitoring the back yard buffet. We are an active bunch. LOL

This morning I fixed pancakes for Lisa and I for breakfast. Ms. Kate only wanted a Toaster Struedel with no icing and Jim had nothing. The kids all went to the zoo this morning. All of my girls are zoo lovers and Evansville had a fairly good zoo as I told you yesterday. The kids picked up something on the way home for their lunch except Julie came home and fixed some kind of “healthy” shake. I think they are waiting for the Belmont Stakes to run on television before anybody gets too busy doing anything. Julie and Ms. Kate have some heavy $2.00 bets on the race. I know there is a horse named Justify that they bet on but beyond that —— meh!!!! I couldn’t care less. I’m amazed at how much money gets spent and won and lost over a race that lasts a minute and a half. I guess though that if Justify wins this race he, (or is it she)  will be a “triple-crown” winner and his life will be all about breeding and no more racing. We have gone to the local race track once every now and then, but I go for the dollar hot dogs and dollar beer. 

The sky is starting to cloud over a bit. So, I went out and brushed out part of my gutters to keep them from overflowing. Since I have a gutter guard type system up there, the leaves and stuff will just lay on top and the water will run right over the top instead of going into the gutter. Our rain is supposed to be light but we have the slight possibility of heavy storms. Better prepared than not. This front is supposed to bring rain on and off through tomorrow and I’ll be surprised if we in fact have an outdoor service like we are planning to have. It doesn’t matter to me although I do like worshipping in the outdoor chapel. There is just something about being in the open and saying prayers and singing hymns that seems extra special. It is the difference between sitting in God’s hand made sanctuary or a sanctuary built by man. The level of the Holy Spirit seems more intense out of doors. 

I’ve gone over my sermon a couple. Of time for tomorrow and I think it is ready for presentation. I’m going to talk about integrity and confession, and passing on blame to others. 

the wind has picked up significantly so I’m going to set and enjoy a good storm that is going to water my tomatoes, my flowers, my beets and my okra; than I’m going to give praise to God for blessings sent. Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment