Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Weather, weather, weather; —- what’s it gonna’ do. The day has started out very nice with sunshine and singing birds and a breeze, and now I’m sitting here in the sunporch listening to the thunder, watching it rain and blow and hearing the severe storm sirens go off. Typical early summer weather for our region. Our warning goes until 1100 hours and I hope it holds true to that. I have a dental appointment in an hour and I’d prefer not to have to go through a storm to get to it. And I really don’t want the power to go off in the middle of a procedure. I’m having a filling replaced this morning. Part of it has fallen out. It will be about a forty five minute appointment but then I’ll have a numb mouth for another couple of hours. So, I’m having my coffee now so I don’t dribble it down my chin later.

My backyard buffet guests haveall left me until the storm blows over. I had several cardinals here earlier along with some finches. I have a robin that has learned that he can get fed by eating form one of my feeders. He doesn’t eat the sunflower seed but he seems to love these peanut butter pellets. All of my birds seem to love those I go through a bag about every three days. It is good that they aren’t uber-expensive and I can get them at Rural King or Meijer's. It takes one bag to fill my special feeder that I have for them. Fortunately the squirrels don’t particularly like them and can’t get to them very easily.

Ms. Kate and decided to go to the movie last night so we went to see the latest installment of the Jurassic Park movies. It was fairly routine with the appropriate too loud dinosaurs roaring and the right bad guys getting bitten in half and eaten at all of the appropriate moments. It was good mundane  entertainment and we had popcorn for supper!!! After the movie we went to McDonalds for a burger and an ice cream cone. We senior citizens get to do things like that because we’re old and no tells us “no”.

The worst of the storm seems to be over for us and I need to start thinking about heading out to the dentist. I can tell the worst of the storm is over because my backyard guests are back at the feeders. The sky looks a bit brighter through the trees off to the west. We are expecting several rounds of this stuff throughout the day and night. It will be what it will be. I just pray for no storm related deaths or injuries or homes lost due to winds etc. I hope you are safe wherever you are.

Take a moment or three and stop to give thanks for your God-provided blessing that have come your way today already. God loves hearing from you.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment