Monday, January 15, 2018

We’re having a heatwave; a tropical heatwave!  Yeh, that song doesn’t apply this morning at 25 degreees. But it is better than it has been and is supposed to go to 30 today. We are having light snow at the moment and are supposed to get another one to three inches.

My John Deere adventures were a disaster. With the ice that developed prior to the snow, it was impossible to do anything with the JD even with chains on. So, we (Dan and I) did a lot of shoveling and scraping on Saturday and got a lot of it up. Then yesterday I finished the driveway and the side walk. Today’s snow is the dry/fluffy stuff with no rain or sleet or freezing rain preceding it, It should be easy to remove it. BUt it will be 1500 hours before this snow is over. Tomorrow we are looking for a high of zero. However, by the end of the week we are looking for fifty degrees. What a roller coaster.

You didn’t know that I waas stopped for awhile but, I’m back. Neighbor Dan came over to visit and he and I have been sitting out in the sunporch for the last three hours gabbing about anything and everything. We have been through a pot of coffee and have solved all of the world’s problems as we sat here watching the birds and squirrels. And, in all of that time, the birds and squirrels haven’t decreased one bit. Nor, has the snow quit yet and it is now 1300 hours.

We ventured out yesterday for church and then out to lunch after church. The hardest driving of course was getting out of the subdivision. Once we go to the main roads the highways had been cleared pretty well. A lot of the churches cancelled services but we had a couple of guys who worked really hard and cleared our church lot and the drive way going to the church. I was surprised at how many people did actually show up for the service and Sunday school.

I guess that is my tale for today. I need to think about having some lunch. The bagel and creamed cheese I had hours ago has since ceased to be of any value. So, Ms. Kate has chili made.

Have a great day and stay warm and safe. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment