Tuesday, January 30, 2018

It looks like I just jumped right over Monday and here it is Tuesday morning. And —- it is a bright and sunshiny morning at that. However, at twenty seven degrees, it is a cold one too.

I did have a Monday but it was spent doing something I haven’t done in seventeen years; office hours. Yep, I have officially gone back to work, albiet part time. The congregation voted Sunday to hire me as their co-pastor. While they continue to search for a permanent pastor. So, I’ll be sharing duties with Pastor Art for some unknown period of time. Hopefully we will be able to get a good candidate for a full time pastor some time this year. But, in the mean time, I’m thrilled to be serving a congregation again. I really needed the year off that I took. I dearly loved my last work situation but after being there twelve and a half years, I was tired and felt I wasn’t doing them the job they deserved. Now I have been refreshed and rested and the brain cells are operating once again. The fact that it is part time makes it very palatable. But, I do have office hours on Monday morning and on Wednesday morning. It’s not a big deal. I can use the time for sermon writing and working on other programs.

I need to fill feeders again today. I can see ten of them that are empty. Tat still leaves none. That have food in them but we are expecting to have cold weather along with rain and maybe some snow ost of the week, so I need to make sure everybody has food. I have a half dozen squirrel out here this morning running around from feeder to feeder trying to get an easy bite of food. They are res[ponsible for the fact that most of the food is gone in the first place. But, once the “easy feeders are empty then they start on the harder feeders to eat from and they either knock then down or tear the up. They are relentless in their determination. I’m watching a squirrel stretch itself like crazy to pull a feeder up to get a sunflower seed. It manages to get one but what it doesn’t realize that while it has the opening to him, it was pouring send out the other side to the ground. Sigh!!

Ms. Kate and I need to go to Office Depot today. We are both out of printer ink for our respective printers. I started to print a document last eveing and couldn’t. I need to stop by the bank on the way cause ink is expensive,

That’s it for today. I hope your day is blessed and full of love. Be grateful for your blessings and share them with someone who needs an extra smile. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment