Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday morning and it is another absolutely beautiful morning. I’m running a little late getting started on my blog and will probably quit in the middle of it. I got a little behind because of doing other stuff and now I have about twenty minutes until we have to leave and go to meet Bob and Brenda for lunch. It’s a mushroom and beer day out at St. Joe Inn.

I have (hopefully had) a mole tunneling right outside my sunporch. As I was sitting here looking at the ridge it had raised up in my dirt, I noticed one of the brick of the walkway bobbing up and down. So, I tip-toed out there and stomped on that Rick as it was moving. Hopefully I crushed its skull. I never had a problem with moles until last year and they really got bad. So now, I sittinghere waiting to see if that brick or any of the dirt around it starts moving again or if that brick is going to serve as it’s headstone. I hate moles. They eat my flowerbuulbs and they eat the roots of my grass. —- Time for me to go. I’ll be back after lunch.
********* 1300 hrs

Lunch was great and the company was better. It is hard to beat tavern food in southern Indiana and St. Joe Inn has repeatedly won Gold and Platinum ratings for their food. The four of us love deep fried mushrooms and they have the best ones around. So we order two orders of mushrooms and a pitcher of beer and have what ever the special is for the day. It is always good to see Bob and Brenda and talk with them. They both miss Ms. Georgia Ann still so very much. So do we. But it gives Bob someone to talk to about her. I’d be the same way if I lost Ms. Kate.

I see tha the “mole-brick” still hasn’t moved so maybe I killed that little sucker. That would be the best I can hope for. The neighbor's cat was here sniffing around the mole’s digging and I thought maybe it would sit there and get the mole. But, it would rather chase squirrels up the tree. It doesn’t seem interested in bothering my birds but it sure like messing with the squirrels. They run up on a branch and just fuss like the dickens at that cat.

I have blue birds out here again today.That thrills me. Maybe they will stick around for the spring and maybe even use the blue bird house that is hanging out there.

Thatis about it for today. I hope you have as good of weather as I do and I hope you get a chance to be out and enjoy it. God’s smile is in the sunshine and His Spirit is the wind. Take time to go out and breathe it all in and accept the blessings God is offering. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment