Saturday, January 13, 2018

Seventeen degrees with a “real feel” of ten degrees, light snow for the next 120 minutes; thus sayeth my Accuweather app first thing this morning. But the sun is shining and I have a backyard full of guests. Thankfully they left themselves plenty to eat today. I really thought they would clean everything out yesterday during their feeding frenzy. but, I will certainly have to go out and fill feeders later. But, first things first; it is about time to see how this new John Deere and blade is going to handle removing snow. Hopefully the snow will come up fairly easily and I don’t spend the morning slipping and sliding up and down the driveway. It looks like we have had traffic up and down the street. The neighbor across the street has guests that unfortunately have parked where I need to shove the snow. I wish they had parked in front of their own house. I’m sure they never thought that I might accidentally come sliding down my driveway right into their cars. Civilians have no sense of situational awareness.

It will be interesting to see how much street clearing the highway and street departments get done today. I imagine they are hard at it already this morning. But nothing is going to melt since it is supposed to only get to about twenty-three today. The pastor and I discussed possibilities of cancelling church service tomorrow. We have one fellow that, bless his hearts, does the cleaning of the parking lot and the road and driveway leading to the church. Our church is a rural church and the likely hood of a highway department getting out there isn’t high. So, if Fred can’t get it done, it won’t get done. My comment to Pastor Art was — safety first. Let Fred be the one to make the call as to whether we have church or not. Not only does the road and parking lot need to be cleared but the sideways around the church too. We don’t want anybody slipping and falling. And, I suspect that with a high tomorrow of twenty degrees, attendance will be scarce regardless.

I reckon I better put on my warmest clothes and go see what I can get done. Wish me luck. Stay safe out there. If you don’t have to be out —- stay inside where it is warm.

Have a blessed weekend .

No comments:

Post a Comment