Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Three degree outside with a wind chill well below zero. I don't care what Eskimo's book you look in --- that is cold. There is little food left for the back yard buffet guests and there won't be until it warms up just a little. There is still water available in the bird bath and there is food in the less popular feeders that they can have. They will just have to get over themselves and their spoiled ways.

I have a water dripping problem this morning out in the sun porch. There is ice up on the roof and it is slowly melting. The foam roof on the sun porch is I think about five inches thick and there is caulk sealant on every seam. But --- water always wins and I have a spot that is dripping because I guess the heat from the sun porch has warmed the foam up some.. I had this same problem three years ago when we had an ice storm. So, I have a bucket out there to catch it . What drips in the bucket, I'll use to water all of the plants out there. 

The snow we got yesterday amounted to about three inches or maybe a little more. It did quit snowing by about 1500 hours and I got dressed and jumped on the John Deere. Since it was just snow, the JD handled it quite well. I cleared my driveway, part of the street, part of Dan's driveway and part of Purdy's driveway. It was a lot of fun but my hands were cramping yesterday evening from working out there. I'm still sore today and stiff. Dan came out and did some shoveling while I was running the Deere. Today, with the sun shining on it, it is dry where I was able to clear. It will give folks some good traction to get up the hill we all live on. Much of the ice is still there though and the JD just doesn't want to work on that, although I was able to bust through some places and clear it out. Friday it is supposed to be 44 degrees and then on Saturday it will be even better and by Sunday, the weatherman said last night that might hit 63 degrees. Unbelievable!

I got hold of my insurance company and they made arrangements for replacement of my truck windshield. It'll cost me close to $300.00 for my deductible and the cost of new wipers, but it sure beats paying the entire thing. We use USAA, serviceman's insurance company and they are wonderful to work with. Thankfully we haven't had a lot of claims with them but boy, when we need them, they are right on top of the issue. I think we have been with them for thirty years now. So, Saturday morning, Safelite will be here at the house with a new windshield and install it. They could have done it today if I wanted to take it to their place over in Henderson, Kentucky. But, since the offer the home service at the same rate, why not have them come here. If it is bad weather, I'll just put the truck in the garage so they can work.

I'm offering prayers this morning for a family in Newburgh, IN. Their sixteen year old daughter was sledding and slid out in front of a car that was being driven by a twenty year old woman who was driving under the influence of drugs. This was the third time she had been involved with police for DUI. So, I'm offering prayers for the distraught family but I'm also praying that the driver gets her life straight and realizes what her actions have caused. What astounded me though was that the news folks interviewed the drivers girl friend who was with her and the girlfriend said, "well, yes she came back positive for drugs but she hadn't had any thing but her Xanax and the marijuana she had smoked the day before. And beside, that accident could have happened to anybody." Yes, it could have happened to anybody but her words are so typical of a social generation that takes no responsibility for their actions and shifts the blame to everybody else.

Have a great day. Stay warm, and take time to be grateful for your blessing today. God loves you and so do I. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment