Wednesday, January 24, 2018

I’m up earlier than usual today. My appointment window is from 0800 - 1200 for the glass technician to arrive so I’m waiting once again. If he actually arrive before 1130 I’ll be surprised; but it is what it is. There is nothing wrong with being up early. In fact, if the vote goes right on Sunday at church, I’ll be having more of these up early days because I’ll be going into the office two mornings a week. That will be quite a change. I haven’t had “office hours” for seventeen years which is when I retired from the Air Force. Although I was pastor at two churches for twelve and a half years, I never had established office hours. I did 99% of my work at home. Wednesday was my “visitation day” every week and the day that Ms. Kate and I would go and run the bulletins. So this is going to be a brand new experience. Of course I was available 24/7 on the end of my cell phone and got called often. But —- I guess I’ll have to ask Pastor Art what we do during office hours. The plan is that I will be in the office on Monday mornings, we’ll both be there on Wednesday morning so we can go over things with Karen, the church secretary, and he’ll be in the office on Thursday.

The blessing of being up earlier today was getting to watch allof the smaller birds at the feeders before the bullies arrives. I filled all kinds of feeders yesterday and I have plenty of guests here this morning to enjoy them. But first thing this morning, there were a pair of blue birds here and three or four cardinals. What a neat way to start a person’s day. So I offer my praise and thank you to the Lord above for that special blessing. I also had several junkos and finches. Then the bullies, (starlings) arrived and everyone else let them take over. The starlings didn’t stay long. Just long enough to establish territory, which is why I call them bullies. Currently my only guest is a squirrel. But, everybody will circle and cycle back through several times between now and 0930.

It is a cool, thirty-four degree, cloudy morning but we aren’t supposed to get any rain. In fact it is supposed to be warming up starting Thursday, at least for a couple of days. This is still January ya’ know and we expect it to be winter weather, But the fact that my daffodils are up just warms my heart and seems to be a small message from God that the world shall continue and spring will come as it always does in about eight more weeks. I think Spring might just be my favorite season. All of the new growth and fresh flowers and colors popping up out of the ground. The trees start to fill out again and the earth wakes up from its winter rest.

The families and victims of yesterday’s school shooting are on my mind once again this morning. I have not heard any more news about it. I pray each and every one of them will find God’s peace and comfort. And I lift each and everyone of you who read my blog up in prayer too. I pray you will have a peaceful and Holy Spirit filled day. Until next time; I bid you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment