Monday, January 8, 2018

This is a day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!! And glad we will be. The thermometer says it is thirty-nine degrees this morning. Our deep freeze weather pattern has at least temporarily broken.

The backyard buffet is running over with birds and squirrels this morning. I have seven squirrels out here this morning casing and running and eating and playing tag or some kind of squirrel game. It is hard to keep up with them. I just never cease to be amazed at the gyrations and contortions they put their bodies through to eat from these feeders. It is a good thing I don’t live in the country where I can shoot or we could have squirrel pie for days.

I also have at least a dozen Goldfinches out here which is more than I have seen at one time for quite awhile. Then of course there are the bullies of the neighborhood, the starlings. At the moment I only have four or five starlings but they are so busy chasing one another away from feeders that they hardly have time to eat. My other guests are three or four Cardinals, Downy Woodpeckers and Red-Headed woodpeckers. It appears though that I’m going to go out and fill a few of the feeders before the day is over. It’s good to know I won’t freeze my tilly off while I’m doing it.

Did you watch the “Golden Globe” awards on television last night? I did not. I had read that it was going to be a night of the stars each taking their turn protesting the sexist treatment of women. Articles this morning indicate that was in fact the case; a three and a half hour protest with each star bringing an activist. What a bunch of phonies. I guess if there was a bright spot it was that for the first time these same women came actually fully clothed without having their breasts and rear-ends hanging out of their dresses. I wonder how they think dressing like that isn’t inviting sexism in their industry.

Welcome to a new week. I hope your week is full of good things and joy. If you are reading tis then you obviously woke up this morning and are alive. Those facts alone are all blessings. Take time to give thanks for all of the blessing you have received and will receive this week. Then take time to share some of those blessings with others. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment