Saturday, January 27, 2018

I would like to call this a sunny Saturday but no such luck today. Instead we’ll call it a soggy Saturday. I’m not site when it started raining but it was raining when I got up. I think it is supposed to be this way for a good portion of the day. But, it isn’t storming or snowing or anything like that. It is just rain. The only danger involved with it is the hypnotic affect of the rain drop hitting my sun porch roof and possibly causing me to drift off to snooze land.

Apparently Mr. Mole only got a headache out of his stomping yesterday because I see a fresh run this morning out in the yard. Maybe I should take my potato fork and jab along the run and possibly kill it that way. There are all kinds of methods listed on the World Wide Web on how to get rid of moles but  who knows if they work. My folks used to use those steel trap things that you put down in a run. I’ve had them in the past but I don’t think I ever actually killed one. There is also some poison that one can buy and drop down in the run but who knows if they are still using that same run. It’s frustrating.

Ms. Kate needs me to take her to GFS this morning for a little grocery shopping. She has to bake a cake for the after-service luncheon tomorrow. I know she is making a pineapple upside down cake and I thought she bought all of the ingredients for that that other day. But, she said she wants to make a second cake and I suspect it might have something to do with a kind of cake I asked about the other day. I’ve been hungry for what I would call a “celebration” cake. You know, one of those commercial bakery cake that say congratulations or some such and have that delicious icing on them. Sometimes a fellow gets an idea in their mind about something that just sounds so good, —- and it is all you can think of. I don’t want a lot, just a piece. I know Sam’s Club makes them but I don’t want a huge cake, just a piece. But, Ms. Kate makes a delicious pineapple upside down cake too and I’m looking forward to that.

Despite the rain, I have a lot of guests at the buffet this morning; several cardinals, junkos, finches, sparrows, wrens, woodpeckers and of course a couple of squirrels. The only ones that haven’t been here this morning is the starlings and they aren’t welcome anyway because they don’t behave very well. It is nice that all of the other birds get a chance to eat without the starlings bullying them out of the way. The rain is light enough that some of the birds are actually singing which just adds another level to the beauty and blessings.

Ms. Kate and I were going to go to the movie last evening but we decided that with this terrible flu epidemic that is sweeping the entire nation, we probably didn’t need to be cooped up in a theater with possible flu carriers. This thing is like the plague. Some people show symptoms of having it and two days later they are dead. It has taken the lives of thirty nine children so far. I don’t think they have a number for the adults that have died from it yet. But it is dangerous stuff. Ms, Kate and I got our flu-shots early in the season and they say that will help. But people our age are particularly susceptible to it. There are placeone needs to go but a movie can wait.

Tomorrow is Sunday my friends. If you aren’t down with the flu or some such, I hope you will take time and go to your favorite house of worship and spend some time giving thanks and praise to God. You’ve made it through another week and any difficulties you may have over come were done so with the help of God. Any blessings you received, came from God. So take some time to give God the glory God rightly deserves.

Until next time, I send you God’s peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment