Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Happy mid-week! I woke up in time to see the announced celestial events; the “Blood Moon” and lunar eclipse, but the clouds prevented that. Oh well, There will be another chance in February at least for a Blue Moon. Those occur when there is a second full moon in a month. I probably would not have seen the eclipse anyway because it was to occur just as the moon was setting and we have too many trees and houses to see the moon at horizon.

But the morning wasn’t wasted because the Bluebirds are at the buffet this morning again. They have been here steady for over a week and that gives me hope that they will maybe hang around. My sister-in-law, Karen has some that stay around her place during the summer and I have a house just for them. She does too because I built hers.

I have short office hours this morning. Art and I have agreed that on Wednesdays we will both go in to the office so we can meet and compare notes and calendars with Karen, the church secretary. I think that arrangement is going to work out well. He is starting a new Bile study this morning at 0900. I think he has about six people signed up for it. They are studying the book of James.

The President of the United States gave his State of the Union address last night to the nation. I didn’t watch it. I get so tired of politicians. I don’t generally talk politics especially in this forum but I just want to say that I think the President is trying very hard to do the right things for this country. True, he is about as brash and obnoxious a person as I have ever listened to but I think his heart is in the right place. The problem is that he is an outsider from the professional politicians that have been in Washington for decades and he goes against their programs that are built to just make them money and keep them in office. The opposition party, the democrats have had only one agenda in the last twelve months and that is to obstruct anything he wants to do. They have no agenda to help America, just an agenda to derail anything he wants to do. Frankly, this country is in a hell of a mess with all of the division and hatred that is spewed by both sides politicians and it is spilling over into the streets through social media. But —- I keep praying and people of faith keep praying. Again, the problem there is we are all praying for a different outcome. God’s gonna’ slap us all one of these days.

Well, it is shower time and get to work time. I pray your day will be full of warmth and love and blesssings from God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment