Monday, January 22, 2018

Good morning on this rainy, windy, fifty two degree Monday morning. The snow is all gone from my yard and the ground is frozen so the water from the rain just kind of sits there. Rain clouds and no sun shining through makes it kind of an ugly morning at the backyard buffet But a week ago it was snowing like the devil on top of ice and colder than a polar bear’s rump. So, Thank you Lord, I think we will choose to love today.

The bandits (raccoon) must have hit me last night at some point. I have two feeders on the ground in the mud and as I look around, over the last couple of days, my guests have emptied almost every feeder during the bitter cold and snow. This rain is only supposed to be here through the morning so I reckon this afternoon I’ll spend some time filling feeders again. But first, I have to find my rubber boots. I know they are in the garage somewhere but so far I haven’t had any luck in finding them. Don’t you hate it when you put something right where you will know to find it and then can’t remember where that spot is? I’m pretty good at knowing where things are; (unless Ms. Kate wants me to get something out of the pantry or refrigerator) but sometimes my hiding spots are too hidden.

The Safelite fella did get here the other day and had my windshield fixed infairly short order. I haven’t checked it yet but assume he got it sealed completely or I’ll have a truck with standing water in it. That would not be a good thing. I’ll check that out too when the rain stops.

We had a good church service yesterday. Pastor Art had a great sermon and some good music. I got tickled at one of the ladies (my age) that told me she got so enthused at one of our songs that she almost put her hand up in the air. I told her that it would be absolutely fine if she did that, and she said; “Oh, I could never really do that. We just don’t do that.”  I find it amusing that we let “proper decorum” prevent us from fully experiencing the Holy Spirit. There is nothing wrong with getting a little “Pentecostal” once in a while. It is good for the soul. But —- we are a little too “high church” for that. I think maybe we are missing out sometimes.

I think it is time to quit and move on to something else here on my IPad. And I still haven’t done my morning devotional and prayer. I know God is patient, but I don’t have the right to make God wait for anything. Have a most blessed week. make good use of your time and do something for someone today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment