Thursday, January 11, 2018

It is hard to believe that it is almost sixty degrees this morning. It is even harder to think about the fact by tomorrow morning it will be thirty degrees colder with freezing rain, ice and snow. The sad thing is —- I have to be one of “Those people” because we are actually out of milk and bread around here and now I’m going to look like one those people that panic at a snow flake and have to buy milk and bread. Oh well, I just won’t make eye contact while I’m in the grocery. Or better yet, Maybe I can convince Ms. Kate to go in by herself.

I just refilled the backyard buffet items so everybody should be good for the next couple of day. If in fact we do actually get snow and ice, I want them to have a source of energy and water. Of course if we do get snow, the place will be over run with starlings and blackbirds. In the past I have seen it look like I have a black yard because there were so many black birds etc. At the moment though, it is the cardinals that are enjoying the freshly filled feeders, and the woodpeckers are enjoying the fact that I filled all of the bark butter feeders.

I went to an absolutely wonderful speaker/luncheon yesterday. The speaker was Rev. Dr. Sara Lund from Christian Theological Seminary, and her presentation was called “Blessed are the Crazy”. She told the story of her family and learning to deal with severe mental illness in the family. It was an amazing presentation and I don’t know how she gets through the presentation with out crying. Her family life has been filled with people and incidents caused by mental illness to include mental and physical and mental abuse, homelessness, poverty, suicide, murder and death row family members. Her discussion was on how to deal and rise above it and take away the stigma and shame for even admitting that we may have a mental problem. People suffer in silence and don’t want to admit that they have a family member with a mental health issue or an addiction. Her speech gave me much to think about having dealt with some of this in my own family.

I guess I should put up my IPad now and take Ms. Kate to the store, or maybe I could be a real nice guy and let her stay in her PJ’s and go by myself with a list. There is no need for both of us to go unless of course she is going to let me go out for a good breakfast of pancakes or something. Right now I could go for a plate of steak and eggs and biscuits and gravy with fried potatoes.

You have yourself a most wonderful day. Step outside and suck in some warm air before the freezer door opens up again. God loves you and so do I. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment