Monday, June 5, 2017

Happy Monday! Let's welcome a whole new week together shall we? Seven brand new days in which we can decide whether to be useful to society and kind to our fellowman or just walk around like a bunch of grumpy people interested only in ourself. You know, we literally make that decision everyday either consciously or subconsciously.

This morning God has presented us with a cloudy sky and there is a possibility that we may get a few more rain showers. I give thanks for the rain we did get because the yard and the garden needed it. It is muggy outside though this morning. The temperature is around 74 and the dew point about matches it. That makes for muggy uncomfortable conditions. I planted a couple of cucumbers and four okra plants on Saturday afternoon so a little rain on them would be good. You might recall from my posts last year that my okra plants got to over nine feet tall. I bought the same variety again this year so I am anxious to see what they are going to do. Last year had to be a fluke; but I reckon we will see. Last year looked like I had planted Jack's magic beans out there.

Yesterday was Pentecost in the Christian world. If you are not familiar, Pentecost is the birthday of the Christian Church  because it it is the day that God layed the Holy Spirit on the gathered disciples in Jerusalem, fifty days after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. From there, the disciples scattered throughout several countries preaching the gospel in the language of the country to which they went. It was an ability they received through the Holy Spirit. We went to our home church for worship and Pastor Art gave a good Pentecost sermon and then we celebrated through the taking of Holy Communion.  There was one thing that Pastor Art said though that I need to do some research on. I understood him to say that the disciples were gathered there to celebrate Pentecost which alludes that Pentecost may have already been a Jewish celebration. I've never heard that before so it is time to do some research. If you have any knowledge of this, feel free to comment on it; I'd love to hear your thoughts. It is always possible that I simply misunderstood what he was saying.

My Google calendar says I have nothing on my calendar for today. But, that isn't exactly true. I need to take Ms. Kate to the Apple Store to have her IPad looked at, and I need to take my laptop computer to Office Depot and have it looked at. And we need to stop and pick up some cases of water for Ms. Kate. Her IPad has quit giving her sound when she plays her computer games. It does fine when playing music etc., just when she plays her couple of games like Criminal Case and Bingo. So, it needs to be looked at or we need to change some setting. My laptop keyboard of is giving me trouble because the space bar doesn't always work and I end up running multiples of words together before I realize it. It may be that I hit the space bar too hard or too quickly; I don't know. What I do know is that it is aggravating to have to go back through a document and re-do my work.

I guess that is it for today. My buffet guests are here and are enjoying their breakfast. Maybe it is time for me to do the same. I pray God will surround you with His grace and love today and that you will then share what you have received with someone else. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment