Friday, June 16, 2017

Aaah! Friday morning has arrived once again. It is seventy nine degrees already this morning and going up to ninety three. The humidity has returned after a one day respite. So the two "M"s "muggy & Miseraable" have returned in full force.

I filled the feeders yesterday all around so my buffet guests should be happy today although I haven't had many takers so far. They generally do a 0700 round and then come back for the 0900 round. So we are in between sessions at the moment. One squirrel has found out the feeders are full but he's not sharing any information. His competition will be here soon enough and then the games will begin unless it is too hot.

Today is the 55th anniversary of my first date with Ms. Kate. It was June 16th, 1962 and she asked me to go to a 4-H hayride with her. Bless her heart, the poor girl had no idea what she was letting herself in for. She was fourteen and I was seventeen. She was at the end of her sophomore year and I was a graduating senior. The moonlight was right as we rode around Horseshoe Bend along the Ohio River and Cupid unleashed an entire quiver of arrows into my heart. The rest is fifty five years of history.

We went out for dinner and a concert last night. We went to a place called "Bru-burger's" here in town. Some enterprising guys bought the old Greyhound Bus station that had been sitting empty for years and turned it into a resturant. As per the name, the menu is burgers, fries, & milk shakes, as well as some more "foo-foo" stuff for the millennial crowd. The place is doing very well and I hope the guys keeps it going. After dinner, we went to see the Gaither Vocal Band concert at the Victory theater. We had fantastic balcony seats and the concert was really enjoyable. I listen to probably two hours of Gaither music every day and they played a lot of my favorites. It was well worth the ticket price. I bought Ms. Kate two cookbooks that were put out by the artists and I bought myself a Gaither Homecoming Friends Bible. No ---- as they said, they didn't write any new chapters to it, but it has a lot of personal faith messages from members of the Homecoming Group that I will enjoy reading. And --- one can't have too many Bibles, especially if you actually read them. This is a New King James Version and I think it is my first one of those. I have the "family Bible", a red letter, book indicator indented, King James Bible. But I guess maybe the new version has made it a bit more reader friendly.

The robin is sitting in the bird bath. He's bathing, he is just sitting there cooling his feet. There is a blackbird wanting to get in that bird bath too so we'll see how that turns out. There have been a lot of birds coming in and taking baths already this morning. They seem to be "washing up" before breakfast. How polite of them.

Time to refill the coffee cup and watch over the buffet. I pray you will have a most enjoyable day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment