Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday afternoon, I think; it's hard to tell when one is on vacation and people come and go. I know we had breakfast and then everybody took their sweet time getting ready to go different directions which just pretty much makes for a perfect "take it easy" vacation. I don't know where everybody went except I know that Ms. Kate and Karen went to Pigeon Forge to the Coach outlet. I stayed at the cabin and was very happy to do so. It's just me and Bella, Lisa's dog who is laying on the floor snoring now that I have taken her out to pee.

Karen and her two granddaughters got here last evening in time for supper. They had put in a nine hour day of driving and we're bushed and hungry. I was glad to see that they had made it safely.

Last night it was Ms. Kate's turn to cook the evening meal. So, she and I both stayed home yesterday while everyone went and did their thing. Ms. Kate had decided to do a "German" meal so we spent the afternoon boiling and peeling a bunch of potatoes for German potato salad, she also made a big pot of spatezel, a cucumber salad, sliced tomatoes, and when Jim got back, she had him cook eight kielbasa sausages. Supper was fantastic. But we have yet to have a bad meal around here. Each of the girls has taken a meal and I can honestly say that we have a family of good cooks. Even most of the husbands can handle themselves in the kitchen except Gary. I've never seen him cook anything. I saw him grill once about twenty years ago. I can "get by" in the kitchen but beyond heat up and eat --- well, I'd be a lot thinner if I had to rely on my own. I once spent eight weeks in Montgomery, AL at Squadron Officer's School and I ate Top Ramen for almost every meal. However, I had a three month tour in Naples, IT and I learned to do pretty well in the kitchen. When I'd shop in the commissary and wanted something different to eat and didn't know how to fix it; I'd just go up to a housewife and ask them. Most of them felt sorry for me and would tell me. Of course I'd also have to ask them what temperature to cook or bake it in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit because my stove had Celsius markings only.

This morning we did a lot of leftovers for breakfast in an attempt to clean up some of the leftovers from the refrigerator. Tonight, I think we are doing the same thing again for dinner, and we are going to make another freezer if ice cream. This time it will be vanilla.

Thata's my tale for today. I hope your day is as joyful as mine. I hope your souls feels as full of the Lord as mine does. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment