Wednesday, June 7, 2017

It's Wednesday already??? I wasn't quite done with Tuesday yet. But --- time is like a wild horse; you can throw a bridle on it but you'll never control it. (Man, thinking deep already this morning. It's too early for that.)

It's bright, it's sunny, it's cool, and it's beautiful outside this morning. I have a couple of extremely bright yellow goldfinches sitting here on the bird bath and the sun is just glistening off of their yellow. What a wonderful sight. It's just another blessing sent my way to help me enjoy this day. Between them and the cardinals, dashing around here and there, it is very enjoyable sitting here watching the buffet activities. I need to fill a couple of the feeders again today though. So far today, only Stubby has come through the yard and it didn't stay. So my feeders are squirrel free --- at the moment. I know they will all be coming around shortly.

I did get some yard work done yesterday. I got the beans hoed and cleaned out the weeds. I think that the package of beans we got must have had some "mistake" beans in it. A couple of the bean plants have long tendrils on them and they have found their way over to the tomato cages like they were pole beans or something. It isn't a big deal, but it is strange. My tomato plants have several tomatoes on them.  They are still green and only about as big as a ping pong ball but they are there. The squash have a lot of blooms on them too. I should have a good crop of summer squash. I'll need to water the garden again tonight. We aren't predicted for any rain for any time soon. I also pulled a lot of plants out of the flower bed next to the patio and sunporch. We allow the phlox to grow there but there is also a second kind of plant that grows as big as the phlox but is a weed of some sort. I try to keep it under control because I don't know what it is.  But it will cover and crowd out anything else that I want in that bed. It doesn't bloom and therefore it is a nuisance. The phlox is greater for attracting the hummingbirds alongside of the butterfly bush I have planted out there.

The family is all busy planning for the family vacation at the end of this month. Ms. Kate and I have rented a six bedroom place up on the mountains of Gatlingburg, TN for a week and the girls are coming in with their families. This is our third time to do this and it is such a wonderful week, and it goes so very fast. But, I want to do this as long as we are able and can afford it. With our family being spread from coast to coast --- it is important that we can all get together at least every two years. Thank goodness for social media because we all get together on Facebook Messenger two or three times a week and talk. I well remember the days of super expensive "long-distance" telephone calls. You just didn't make a call except in an emergency. Now, I can sit here with my IPad and hit a button and see and talk to any and all of the girls instantly if they are available. The "wrist-radio" of the 1940's Dick Tracey comic strip has become a reality.

Time to refill the coffee cup and get busy. I pray you will have a blessed day filled with all of the joy your soul can handle. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment