Saturday, June 17, 2017

Saturday morning and Ms. Kate and I are sitting in the sunporch together having our coffee, watching the buffet guests and watching what is going on ion the neighbor's yard. Their tree trimming crew was here bright and early this morning; (way too early for this guy) and I awoke to the sound of buzzing tree trimming apparatus. I can't say that I blame them for starting early. It is going to 93 degrees today and I woudn't want to be out there doing that kind of work in that heat either. I am going to go out this morning and do some yard work though. I still need to get out there and rake the flower bed and deadhead the knockout roses.

My buffet guests have been sporadic  and skiddish about being around with all of the noise from next door. The squirrels were here only briefly and then took off every time they work crew came back in the neighbor's yard again. I think they finally gave up. But, the workers are done so slowly the gusts are coming back to finish breakfast. We've had no one in the bird baths yet but I suspect we will soon.  They have ben there to drink but haven't started their Saturday baths yet.

Our butterfly bush is really putting blooms on now. The great thing about that is that not only ones it attract butterflies, it also brings in the hummingbirds. And, I see the first of the phlox is starting to bloom. They too will bring in the the hummingbirds in.

The day is getting warmer and the shade is getting thinner so I'm out of here for today. Have a blessed weekend. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment