Friday, June 2, 2017

The weekend is here! I remember when that was really a thing to look forward to but since I'm retired it seems a bit anti-climatic. Friday kind of looks just like Thursday, which looks like Wednesday etc. etc. .  But the joy is that it is a beautiful day outside and the rain that we were supposed to get has stalled out to the west and is moving slowly this way. It shouldn't get here until Monday. That should make a lot of people happy because I heard last night about a whole lot of the local churches that are having festivals of one kind or another this weekend. Maybe they will make a lot of money for their charities etc.

I'm slowly getting around to finishing up the jobs I've set out for myself. The main one I still have not finished up is cutting out that mulberry bush from the raspberries. That will get done today. My raspberries have come along nicely but the mulberry bush makes it hard to get to them. I really need to reconfigure what I want to do with that patch. Last year we put stakes around it  and strung some thin wire to kind of hold up the raspberry canes but they have just gone their own way and my efforts seem to have failed. So, I need to drop back and punt. We also need to go to the Coop today and see if we can get three or four okra plants.

The buffet is busy this morning. I bought a new hummingbird feeder yesterday and I also picked up a replacement for one of the other feeders that I had for a long time. It has deteriorated over the years so I picked up a new one. But -- i have a few squirrels here this morning including Stubby and BT, and woodpeckers, goldfinches, cardinals, wrens, robins, sparrows, and cardinals. So, the gang is all here. I didn't fill the sunflower feeders yesterday because I want them to finish off what is out there. That keeps it from getting moldy. I did go get another 40# bag of seed though.

Ms. kate and I went to visit our friend Bob yesterday. It was the first time we have seen him since Ms. Georgia Ann's funeral. He is hanging in there as well as his grief will let him. What else would one expect? They were married for 65 years so he has virtually lost half of himself. It was strange to sit there with him and Ms. Georgia Ann not be there. It was also sad to see the area where he has always had a big garden, sitting there empty. But with her illness and hospitalization, he certainly didn't have time to worry about garden. But, we had a good visit and we'll make sure that we keep that relationship going.

Time to refill the coffee cup and go check on the mail. I hope your day is as bright as the sunshine that is making this such a beautiful day. As the song says; "Let the Sun Shine In". Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment