Friday, June 9, 2017

It's a warm and beautiful morning once again. It is Friday, the 9th of June, end of another work week for some folks and I'm sure millions of people are looking forward to some exciting plans for the weekend. I can't say that is the case around our house. We have no plans for the weekend although we should do something with today. It will be our last "cooler" day for at least a week as the temperatures and the humidity are both supposed to rise starting tomorrow.

Only one of my squirrel friends have shown up this morning. I guesss the others will be along soon enough. I've had robins and blackbirds, and finches of several colors, as well as cardinals and two varieties of woodpeckers here this morning. It has been a busy landing zone out there. Right now I have a half dozen starling fighting over a single feeder. With nineteen bird feeders hanging out there one would think they could spread out a little. But they are so territorial that if one is getting something, they all want to eat at that same place. It reminds me of times I have gone fishing. If I caught a fish in a certain spot, suddenly I have a lot of company with lines dangling in the same spot. Never mind that the fish are also in the rest of the pond. LOL

I mowed the yard yesterday and I also waters the garden last night. The garden is growing well and I have at least a half dozen tomatoes on. They are a long way from ripe and ready but they are there. I keep watching the farm stands to see who has what already. I saw that one place was advertising peaches. That seems a bit soon to me. They must have been brought up from down south someplace. And places that are advertising fresh tomatoes are wanting an arm and a leg for them. I think we missed strawberry season due to the rain. I never saw anyone advertising strawberries. I was hoping that we could get some and maybe make up a few jars of jelly this year. Ms. Kate has a recipe that she uses that is just wonderful, and I do like my jelly on my toast or my biscuit. But, we will be watching the farm stands closer as we get ready to head out to our vacation. We'll want to take some home grown veggies down to the cabin for the family.

I did go to the doctor yesterday and the place I was worried about turned out to be just a scar tissue. Doctor Jackson shot some steroid in it that will help disolve some of it. It's no biggie.

That's it for this Friday morning. Time for me to get off of my duff and do something. Have a most wonderful day. Do something fun this weekend and throw your cares to the wind. God will catch them and work them for you. Shalomn!

No comments:

Post a Comment