Monday, June 12, 2017

Yikes! Early morning and already 81 degrees and sultry. That's an Evansville summer morning for sure. But, ---- on the other hand, you can almost hear the corn growing in the fields. It is perfect weather for that. So, --- as always, God sends blessings on every level. Some we recognize and some we don't. Sone we appreciate, some we miss totally.

Ms. Kate and I had a nice weekend and I hope you did too. Yesterday we headed out to church at our home church and got there just as the service should have been starting. (We really need to start moving faster on Sunday morning.) However, when I pulled on the church door, it was locked. We realized that they were having an outdoor service in what is called The Woodland Chapel. It is an open air chapel they built on land that was dedicated and donated by the Henze family in honor of their son Randy who was killed in Vietnam. It sits in a beautiful wooded hillside area on the other side of the cemetery. We knew that we would really be late by the time we walked over to it so we left and went to another church, (Crossroads Christian) that we knew started in another half an hour. We got to Crossroads Christian just as the praise band started playing. It was a good Holy Spirit filled service.

Ms. Kate and I made home made ice cream this weekend. We intend to take the freezer with us to Tennessee and make some down there and we wanted to try a couple of recipes out before we go. First we made some strawberry/banana and it was pretty tasty. Then we made some butter pecan and I think I referred to it as Franken-licious because it was monstrously good. But, I was so overloaded with ice cream that I told Ms. Kate; "Please don't make me eat any more ice cream today!" It was so rich that it literally coated my tongue. But wow, was it good. We have lots in the freezer now.

My buffet guests are not happy this morning and it is their fault. They have stripped the feeders of all of their favorite treats and are now left to eat just sunflower seeds. They have cleaned out all of the suet feeders and the bark butter paste and pellet feeders. And it is the gang of blackbirds that have eaten almost all of it. I am out of their favorites so they will just have to deal with it. Maybe when they finish cleaning up all of their residual that they throw on the ground, then I'll go to Wild Birds and restock. In the mean time they can just go beg on the streets. When I was a kid, the rule always was; eat what is on the table or do without. The same rule applies to this bunch of flying pigs. LOL.

We held off doing laundry on Saturday so guess what we are going to do today! We also have shopping to do for the vacation so I reckon, I better give up the recliner and get busy.

God has provided yet another week of opportunities for us to be grateful servants and to serve our fellowman. Let's all try to do that this week even if that service is only keeping one another in prayer. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer because I have seen it work so very often in so very many ways. And --- you can take comfort in knowing that this morning I have prayed for you. May God grant you a week of peace in your soul. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment