Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Man o man, it is even warmer out there this morning and more sultry. The sun shines brightly and the backyard buffet and spa is in full swing this morning. Stubby isi here with three friends and they are all munching away on sunflower seeds either from a feeder or from under the feeders. Stubby has been to the door twice right next to me, looking in. I'm not sure what he thinks he will get out of here.  The blackbirds have all been here a couple of times and have all been in the bird bath. I just filled them last night and will need to fill them again today. I also went to Wild Birds and Things and bought four more bags of bark butter bits. If I kept that one feeder filled all the time, I could easily be out of those four bags in a week.

Ms. Kate and I watched a movie last night that she bought some time ago. It was called "Spy" and starred Melissa McCarthy. It was a funny movie even though I've never been a big fan of Melissa McCarthy. The roles I've seen her in previously seem to be built around her being overweight and inept because of it. This movie alluded to that but only because people thought she would be inept but it turns out she was extremely well qualified for the job her character needed to do. My other distractor tough was the constant use of the "F-bombs", and she is known for that too. And that is my macro-soapbox for today. What has led mainstream media and society to come to believe that the use of F-bombs and other foul language is normal and acceptable? The Lord knows I have used that kind of language way too often and it used to be a part of my daily vocabulary. I still occasionally let one slip out but I have worked veruy hard to clean up my mouth. We've gotten to the point where it is even expected language from certain areas of the country. But --- when you turned on your television or you went to a movie, you didn't have to hear it  and it wasn't all up in your face. It seems as if there are no longer any boundaries as to what you can or cannot say. I grew up being told that cursing or using that kind of language was a "sin". Well, I don't know about it being a sin as long as you aren't taking the Lord's name in vain; but I just think it is rude and doesn't show a lot of social grace. Enough said on that subject from me. And I still need to watch my own lips.

I guess that is about it for this morning. The blackbirds are back for their fourth round. I haven't seen any cardinals today at all. BUt I did have two Pilated Woodpeckers here this morning so my day is made. Take it easy in this country wide heat wave. I just got a text from my son in law Jin who said he is already on his fourth gaterade bcause it so hot in the warehouse where he works.

Have a most blessed day. Take time to give glory to God today. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment