Tuesday, June 20, 2017

You are getting an afternoon post today. This morning we had to go to the doctor's office for one of Ms. Kate's routine appointments. It was a "fasting" appointment which means she couldn't even have her coffee this morning cause she puts cream in her coffee. I've tried to get her to "go black" but she just can't handle it. But then, it only took me 25 years to get her to drink coffee at all. But then, she can't get me to drink water either, so there you go.  So, ---- as soon as she got out of the doctor's office we went to Denny's for brunch. I had my "usual" carmel cream with banana on pancakes breakfast. Ms. Kate says I'm addicted to them and I may well be.

Our painters are here this week. They are painting the fence around the yard. Ms. Kate and I built that fence in 2006 and it still looked fair and it is still sturdy. But we had these folks come and power wash it and that improved it immensely. But, putting a couple of new coats of paint on it will make it last probably another ten years or so. By then, I won't care if there is a fence out there or not. I recall that when we built and painted that fence in the first place it was really hard work and I was over sixty then. I made the comment at the time, if this thing is still standing in another ten years or so, --- I'm not painting it! Well, it is and I'm not. LOL These folks that we have doing the work are really super people. They are excellent workers and do excellent work. They are a "Handi-couple". This is what they do for a living I guess. They have done a lot of landscaping for us and they are efficient with their time. They certainly aren't cheap; but they are worth every penny. We learned about them through my sister-in-law and her Master Gardener friends.

I still haven't pulled my suitcase out to start throwing things in it. I keep thinking about it and I keep looking at things that I have strewn around the garage and the dining room to "be sure and take along". But logistically I haven't accomplished one thing. Heck, I still have four days. I think we are going to Sam's yet today or maybe tomorrow and pick up some stuff. We keep putting it off because we don't want iti too sit around here all week in the way and making the place look junky. But, we do need to get off of our duff and get busy. The weather reports for the week have changed and now we are looking at thunderstorms on Friday and Saturday.

I think that is about it for today. God certainly provided a great day for us on this Tuesday. The heat is going up a bit but the humidity is coming down for today at least. I know my painter are glad abut that. I hope your day is fully blessed. If you are feeling down --- look up! God is holding out a hand for you to lift you back up. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment