Saturday, January 16, 2016

What a wonderful lazy Saturday morning this has been. I've done my usual computer games first thing, I've set and watched all of my outdoor friends, and I've spent the morning doing Facebook Messenger with the girls. And --- Ms. Kate fixed us a wonderful tummy warming breakfast of oatmeal with apples and nuts cut up and mixed in and fresh sausage along with some Great Harvest bread of some kind. I may have to make another pot of coffee or just make a cup or two with the Kureg. It will depend on how much longer I decide to sit here. I think it is a bit cheaper to just make another pot even if I don't drink all 12 cups. I find it amazing though that I make a 12 cup pot of coffee but Ms. Kate and I each drink it up with just two cups each. Obviously our cups are not "a cup".

It is another grey day and the air is damp and cold. I was out there for a few minutes and got chilled right away. I need to take some stuff out to the compost barrel and I need to go get the mail. That will be about as much of the outside as I want today. OK, so I'm a wuss.

I did some work yesterday in my basement. I got rid of all of the old computer stuff; two computer towers, three monitors and flat screens, three scanners, a DVD player, two printers, and all of the wiring stuff that goes with all of that. I took it all to the Best Buy store and they take it in for recycling. I generally don't buy from Best Buy because I have never had good service from them and their return policies are terrible; but they do this recycling program and that keeps stuff out of landfills. I think if we can do anything to preserve our land and protect it we are obligated to do so by God who gave us dominion over the earth. The waste management people we contract with have a good recycling program that I am happy to pay for.

So, I decided to make another pot of coffee. I went out and got the mail and there was a book I had ordered in the box, and I may start on it today. Right now I already have two books going that are sitting beside my chair so I might as well add this to the stack. This one is called "Beyond Resistance" and was written by Rev. Dr. John Dorhauer, the General Minister of our United Church of Christ denomination. Our local association Pastor's Circle is reading it for a book study. I figured I might as well read it so I would know what they are talking about; no one said it promises to be interesting or exciting. LOL. If I get bored ---- Stephen King is always waiting beside me.

The cardinals are fluffed up today trying to stay warm and there are a lot of junkos hopping around everywhere. Those are what I call my snow indicator birds. Generally I see them when it is getting ready to snow. Maybe that is just my imagination but that is the way it seems anyway. And -- we are predicted for two snow events next week. So, maybe there is something to my hypothesis.  I do need to empty out the bird bath again though and put clean water in it. It is getting a little low and they make it scuzzy fairly quickly.

Enjoy your end of the week and take time to worship the God that has blessed you with life in this world and the next. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment