Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday morning; end of another work week for people with "normal" jobs. For me --- it is my "day off".. I generally take Friday and Saturday as my days off but lose a lot of the Saturdays due to a meeting or a class or a funeral or a wedding. It's the nature of the job and I chose it; or it chose me. Tomorrow is another one of those lost days because we have an all morning meeting with the church association.

The city sewer crew is back this morning to finish the installation of the manhole in Ms. Margaret's yard. They sure have a mess over there. It doesn't help that it rained some last night either so the tracks from the Bob Cat are going to be a bit deeper. They dug their trench a couple of feet deeper than needed because they were off in their location of the sewer line and were digging beside it by about a foot. But, they located it and all seems to be going well now. I'm just really glad they didn't have to tear up my fence to get to it. I guess when the previous owners of my home initially built the fence they put it within the easement, so there is always the possibility that if the city needed to work in that area, they have the right to destroy the fence, and they don't have to replace it. We have underground power lines running to the homes here in this neighborhood and I know by the red flags out there that those lines run right next to my fence. That would suck if they had to work on them.. But, they are re-filling the trench this morning and all is well on my side of the fence.

It is a bit warmer this morning and not raining now. I had a yard full of robins this morning when I came out to the sunporch. There were at least thirty of them hopping around and running all over the yard. I assume they stopped off for a snack on the way to someplace else. They have all gone now. At the moment, the female red-headed woodpecker is holding court and ruling the feeders. I have three or four cardinals out there and a few finches too. Beyond that it is just a couple of squirrels playing around. I have to fill feeders again today. It looks like everything is pretty well empty and it is supposed to turn really cold by Sunday. I also need to empty the bird bath and re-fill it. They get it pretty scuzzy, and while it might not bother the birds to drink the same water they bathe and poop in, it looks nasty as heck. I sometimes think feeding these silly birds is as bad as raising livestock  on a farm.

I've finished my devotions and contemplation for the morning. I've played my two computer games; Bingo Bash and Criminal Case, and I've gotten caught up on everyone's life through Facebook. And, I've sent an email to my sister. Now it is time to finish off the last of my coffee and get started on my day. One thing for sure I need to do today is get a haircut.

So, think kind thoughts today. Hug someone and go do something nice for someone. It's a perfect way to end your week. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment