Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It is a brilliant 19 degrees out this morning. The sun is shining and there are only a few clouds around. The high today is to be 36 which with the sun will aid in the melting process for the snow. Our snow, while beautiful a couple of days ago is at the ugly stage now. The ground is showing through in patches and and has been trampled all over by critters. I need to add to the footprints out there today and fill the feeders again. I just hope the wind dies down a bit first. Ha! In the summer we say; "It's not the heat, it's the humidity". In the winter we say; "It's not the cold, it's the wind". Sounds like Mr. Temperature gets off pretty easy.

I guess I better go buy my Powerball ticket this morning. Since it is at a world wide record level of $1.4 billion dollars, why not waste my couple of bucks too. As they say, you can't win if you don't play. The odds of winning remain constant; 1:250 million, but that is better than 0:250 million if you don't buy a ticket. As I have said before though, I wouldn't have a clue of what to do with that kind of money; but I bet there would be a lot of people at the door wanting to show me. I laugh when people say things like "I'd pay off my bills', or "I'd go to Disneyland". I know the prices have gone up at Disney but not by that much, and if you have $1.4 billion in bills you need to pay off ---- you're already in trouble.  Still in all, figuring out what to do with it wouldn't be the worst problem one could have.

I missed my blogging yesterday because I had a Pastor's Circle meeting all morning. Being the resident cynical and probably much more conservative pastor, I sometimes get amused when people sit around and try to "out-deep-think" one another and pontificate. I read a lot, but obviously not like many of the other pastors. Certainly their references are from different authors than I use. I like the every-day common language stuff written by Max Lucado and Phillip Yancey. They sit around and say things like; "Well, so and so wrote this; and who and who wrote this or that." I guess that is why the Ordained Clergy refer to them selves as the "Learned Clergy". I have a book that I use constantly too, --- It's called "The Bible", and I learn new stuff everytime I start reading it.  My only hope and prayer is that my preaching contains sound theology., and I think it does.

I think the squirrels are starting to gather up clubs to beat me with because the feeders they can easily eat from are all empty. There are four squirrels out there that just keep going from one feeder to another  and finding them empty and then they turn and look towards the doors and go back and do it all over again. There is one sitting on a branch of the Pussy Willow trees immediately outside the glass and it is just starring at me. LOL They have expended an unknown aamount of energy this morning chasing one another off of empty feeders. But, I guess I should go on out and fill things up. I mainly need to fill the bark-butter paste feeders for the woodpeckers. The starlings cleaned them out completely during the last two days.

I hope your day is fully blessed and you feel fully engulfed with the warmth that comes from God's love and grace. Through the Holy Spirit, Christ walks with you every step you take. Reach out and take the hand of tthe Savior. You'll be so glad you did. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment