Saturday, January 23, 2016

How wonderful to look out and see not only a beautiful snow-scape, but also a bright blue sun filled sky. It's cold and it's breezy, but it's still beautiful. Despite the fact it is 27 degrees, I'm watching the snow melt and drip off of the feeders. There is still plenty of food out there for the birds and squirrels so I don't have to tromp out through the snow to fill anything up today. Unfortunately, what I do need to do is get out to the Wildbirds and Things store and pick up more bark butter. I used the last I had last evening. Between the starlings, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, a squirrel, and blue jays yesterday; they cleaned every bark butter feeder out. I don't mind going but I know the subdivision is going to be a bear to get out of. The only place the street will have been cleared is in front of my house. I imagine though that the main roads will be fairly clear by now. We got five inches of snow with this storm. But, I got the driveways all cleared and finished clearing the street where Darrel left off with his little John Deere. He did a pretty good job. It is the first time he has done that much.

I had quite a few birds earlier but right now I don't seem to have any; and I just saw why that is. The hawk is back and is sitting in the poplar tree waiting for its breakfast to fly in. As soon as it flies off, the rest will come back in. In fact as I wrote that a beautiful Cardinal flew in to sit in the gazebo feeder that I have filled with safflower seed.

I've had a great morning talking to all three of my girls via Facebook Messenger.  I love the fact that we can do that and I love even more the fact that they want to do that. We spent an hour sharing our week and talking family news and events. I don't think there is a day in the week that I don't talk to one or more of the girls. It is so much better than talking on the phone because we can come and go into the conversation and don't have to sit there and hold the phone. A lot of the time it is just a note or two back and forth but other days we will have a couple of us going, mainly during the evening.

So, I have been in this chair long enough this morning and now must get moving. I lift up all of those folks that are still in the path of this storm that has now moved to the east coast of the country. They are looking at a possibility of up to two feet of snow today. I pray they will be safe. I also pray you will have a great weekend. Take time for worship and being grateful for your blessings. See ya' Monday. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment