Saturday, January 2, 2016

It's a beautiful morning! The sun is shining, the yard is full of birds, no clouds and 34 degrees. The only downside is that I was up way too early today for some reason.

The great thing about being up this early today though was that I have spent the last hour chatting with my three girls via Facebook Messenger. I do love that. I chat like that with at least one of the girls every day, and generally all three of them although maybe not at the same time. But sometimes like this morning, we set at the cyberspace kitchen table with our coffee and chat our little hearts out. It is so much better than telephone simply because I hate talking on the phone and this way we can all talk at the same time to one another.

I have a metal bird bath in the flowerbed that we turn over in the winter. The base of it is a hallow tube. The wren has decided that that will be his winter home. I've watched it fly in and out of there several times in the past few days or it will just sit at the opening and sun itself. The tube is deep enough that if need be, it can move on up and out of the way of a wandering cat. I love my wrens so I'm glad they have found a safe spot. My branch and twig pile is providing a good spot for the cardinals too. I still haven't plugged in the electric bird bath because it just hasn't gotten that cold.

Today I have Ms. Chaarlotte's funeral to do. Between visitation, funeral, travel the ten or fifteen miles to the cemetery, do the graveside service, and attend the bereavement meal ---- this will be a six hour event. I need to be at the funeral home by 1130 hours, so, my sitting and drinking coffee, chatting, and writing needs to be wrapped up soon. It is amazing how quickly time passes out here when I'm just enjoying a morning.

I hope you will take time to attend a worship service his weekend. We all have so many blessing for which to be thankfulIf you sat up out of bed this morning and your feet hit the floor, you have a bed, a house, and the ability to move freely about. That is so much more than so very many people have. Take time to give thanks to God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment