Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The sky is a tad bit brighter this morning; not a lot, but some. But --- where are my birds? I've had four or five cardinals flying in and out but staying mostly up in the trees. I've also had one or two red-headed a woodpeckers come in and get a few bites and leave. That is about it. None of the small birds are here and the feeders hang full and waiting.except for the three that have a squirrel chomping away at them. Perhaps there is a hawk in the area that I haven't seen.

Today is to be a busy day. I have to go to the doctor at noon today so he can maybe do something about the pain in my hip and back. I suspect he will give me a muscle relaxer shot. I just hope I don't end up looking like Tim Conway in that crazy "Dentist" sketch that he did. I laugh my head off every time I see that thing. Tim Conway has to be one of the funniest guys on the planet. At any rate, I have a funeral home visitation to do today, and a meeting to attend this evening. If I have the time, I'll also get to the church and run the bulletins and newsletter. If not, that will be on tomorrow's list.

I've been watching the latest U Tube sensation, Andre' Rieu and his orchestra. Obviously he has been around for quite awhile but I had not seen him until someone posted one of his videos on Facebook. His music is dynamic and the crowds he draws are stunning. I think he might be Dutch but I'm not sure. I recommend you pull up UTube and try to find him. I just downloaded one of his albums this morning from ITunes for my IPad etc. and am listening to it as I write. It is very soothing music.

I'm sitting here looking at my yard and I really need to get out there with a rake this spring. There is a lot of winter crapola out there; twigs, small branches, left over leaves, seed pods from the poplar trees. A week of dry weather and sixty degree days would put me in the mood to work off a little winter fat and give me some exercise, and make the yard ready for green grass and flowers to pop through the ground. I'm "spring-ready".

Two weeks from today will be Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the Lenten season. I have my Ash Wednesday service almost completed. I just need to tweak it a bit. We generally have a good turnout for Ash Wednesday service. But Lent and Easter is coming early this year and there is always the possibility of snow this early.

It is time to remove myself from the seat this recliner and get busy. I need to shower and get ready for my day. The problem is that I am very comfortable and he music is so great to listen to; and the birds are all finally coming in for a late breakfast. But, one must do what one must do. I pray your day will be filled with blessings and I also pray you will take the time to not only be grateful for them but also share them with someone. Pass a little love around. It will make you feel good! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment