Friday, January 22, 2016

Things to do to just kill time: watch paint dry, watch rain fall, watch snow accumulate. Today it is the latter of the group. I haven't gone out and opened the garage door yet to see what has accumulated, and I can't really tell from the sunporch because I never cleaned off anything out here in the back. It would appear though that we still have a while before it quits, at least from looking at the radar. But --- we are on the "lucky side" of the storm. Just fifty miles below us, they are going to get hammered with a foot of the white stuff and then as it moves east, it will intensify to as much as two feet by the time it hits DC; not that it will slow down any good work that our nations leaders are doing. We won't be able to tell the difference as to whether they are at work or not.

I do know that I will have a lot of feeders to fill tomorrow. I've had no lack of company in the back yard this morning. Every feeder has at least one bird and or a squirrel on it. Even the Red-Winged black birds came in today. I haven't seen them for awhile. I'm glad that I bought feed the other day. I'm surprised though that they aren't eating the cracked corn. I thought for sure they would. I'm glad I didn't pay much for it. It could be that it isn't easy to get out of the feeder I have it in. But --- Ms. Kate said she didn't think they would eat it. I always thought the cardinals would go right to it. When the snow is done and melted some, I'll pour it out on the ground. The squirrels will eat it for sure.

I just went out and opened the garage and was surprised to see that my neighbor Darrel is out there on the street with his John Deere and blade too. He has most of the hill (street) cleared off. His JD is smaller than mine but it seems to be doing alright. It looks like we might have two inches down by now. But --- it is still snowing and I hope that doesn't just make it more icy with the fresh snow. I'm going to wait until it quits before I go out.

So, that is about it for today. I'm just enjoying sitting on my rump, watch my birds and squirrels. I had a squirrel thaat found out it liked the bark-butter paste. It had my smallest feder held between its front paws and was gobbling to beat the band. All was well until a starling decided it wanted to eat and it pecked the squirrel right on the butt and ran it off. I say "well done starling!"

You folks have a safe and blessed day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment