Friday, January 29, 2016

There is an old song, (probably early 50's) that sings; "There's a rob, rob, robin that's bob, bob, bobbing along." I couldn't help but think of that song this morning as I watched a Robin just hopping all over the yard this morning searching for its breakfast. He hops around for a bit, stops and cocks his head and listens, then goes back to hopping around again. Every once in a while it will come up on the bird bath and get a drink. I don't know if it is getting anything to eat or not; but it's getting its exercise and enough to drink.

I missed you yesterday. As I told you on Wednesday, I had a funeral to do yesterday morning so I never got around to sitting out here in the sunporch until very late last night. Then I just pulled up a Gaither music album video on UTube and listened to that until almost 0130 this morning. This morning I have an Andre' Reiu album playing playing well known movie themes. It is a great album for relaxing. After the funeral, I went to the churches. Ms. Kate had asked me to drop her off at the churches while I went and conducted the funeral since she didn't know the man who had passed. So, while I was at the funeral, Ms. Kate printed and folded all of the bulletins for both churches. From there we went to lunch; then came home and just did "stuff". Last night I did a little writing, and sent a couple of emails checking up on parishioners and one to my sister. Then I was glued to the television through the news. Jimmy Fallon was a repeat so that's why I turned it off and came out to the sunporch. That's my day. Today we need to go to a couple of stores and pick up some stuff. But, we need to do it fairly early this morning because it is Friday and the stores get crazy on the weekends.

This morning I'm visited by a pair of titmouse, a bunch of junkos, the cardinal clan, a couple of downy woodpeckers and a red-headed woodpecker, a mocking bird, and of course the Robin. So, it is a pleasant morning. The sun is shining brightly this morning and the temperature will go up to around 45. That's pleasant to me but Ms. Kate will be cold when we go out.

I'm happy to report that my visit to my doctor the other day was worth the trip. He ended up giving me a cortisone shot in my hip and the pain has gone away. I'm very thankful because I was at a point of really moving slow and having quite a bit of pain. As you know, when you pinch a nerve like that, it causes you to actually bring other pain to yourself because you walk differently trying not to hurt. So I was getting sore muscles elsewhere too. But I'm doing well now. My doctor is really a great doctor and Ms. Kate and I think the world of him. We've been seeing him now for fifteen years. I am blessed that I don't have very many reasons to go see him beyond annual physical and the occasional thing like this pinched nerve or a breathing problem with my asthma. Ms. Kate has to see him routinely due to her many health issues. But we think the world of him. After 32 years of seeing "Dr. Whoever" with the military system, it is a real blessing to have a single doctor, and one that we trust totally.

Sunday is the last day of January and the first month of 2016 will be in the history book. Time just keeps moving on. Ms. Kate and I have several big plans for this year and of course the church calendar is full for the year. I admit that sometimes I ask myself when will I have time to get it all done and I get a little overwhelmed and think that maybe I should just totally retire and relax and enjoy life for ourselves. And Ms. Kate and I have talked about it several times. But, as much as I totally enjoy sitting out here in the sunporch --- it's not something that I could do all day long. And the truth is that I am enjoying life. God just continues to bless me and restore me and fill me. I tell myself one day that I'm going to just stop. Then I jump up and agree to take on yet another challenge like accepting a position with our local church association. So, my prayers this morning are prayers of gratitude to God for health, and the ability to continue to be of use and service where and when I'm needed. I'm so very, very grateful for Ms. Kate who is extremely patient and understanding of who and whatever I am. I've known a lot of spouses that would have kicked me to the curb years ago instead of being dragged around all over the world and then coming home to live and becoming immersed in yet another totally new career for me.

My album is done playing and my coffee cup is empty for the second time. I must get busy. Have a most blessed weekend. Take time to worship the Lord and be grateful for the blessings God has bestowed upon you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment