Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday night late; I thought I would wait to write my blog until after the $900 million Powerball numbers were picked to see if I actually had to write it myself. Well, as you can see, I didn't win and am writing it myself. But, I did have one of the numbers they called and that's an improvement in my luck. I generally forget to buy a ticket or if I buy a ticket, I forget to check them. The lottery is obviously a priority in my life don't you think?

Winter is sitting outside the door. It is currently snowing and we are expecting maybe 1-3 inches of the white stuff. I still haven't put the blade on the John Deere although I have had opportunities. My son-in-law just offered over Christmas and again he offered to come over Tuesday. But I had this idea that if I didn't put it on, maybe it wouldn't snow. Silly me! So, now --- neighbor Dan and I will do it tomorrow afternoon. Maybe that will insure we don't have any more snow. In the mean time, as soon as it quit raining I went out and put out some snow/ice melt on the driveway. It had just started doing some sleet/snow. The temperature is supposed to drop drastically with wind chill temps in the single digits tomorrow. I suspect that church attendance is going top be very light ---- if we get to have church.

We had our association meeting today as predicted. Last year we had this meeting and there was about 60 people attending. Today there were 24. I'm not surprised. People are just not into attending a meeting that does not directly impact their lives. In fact that was part of our discussion today. I'm not sure what it will take but we need to do something to make the association viable and meaningful to people.

This evening, I finished baking the rest of the cookies that Ms. Kate had mixed up and in the refrigerator while she worked on her birthday and thank you cards that she makes for folks. Then we sat and watched television together for a couple of hours which is rare for us. Generally we watch totally different shows. She watches cop and lawyer shows and I watch HGTV, and Food Netwaork stuff with a little SciFi thrown in and things like Treehouse Masters. But tonight we were watching Food Network and the Kids Baking Championship.

OK, I gotta check outside and see what the streets look like, not that I can do anything about any of it.  You folks have a wonderful Sunday. Stay safe if you are in the snow storm areas. And regardless of where youo are; --- take time to give God praise for his bountiful blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment