Thursday, January 7, 2016

I'm back! I can't believe it is Thursday already. Our Tuesday and Wednesday were busy days, and somehow I just never got around to sitting out here. I missed it too. 

Tuesday, we decided to run over to Kentucky just east of Louisville to an outlet mall. There is an Under Armor store and I wanted to pick up a couple of things. And of course, --- there is a Coach store there too and Ms. Kate was drawn like a moth to a flame to it. Our wallets didn't get hit too hard; --- we still had gas money when we left there. We came back across the Ohio to New Albany and went to Julie and Jim's house and spent the night there. Jim fixed us a nice supper. Julie was working late at the University because classes start next week and they are busy putting together book orders for the students. So, we didn't have a lot of time to visit with her. But it was wonderful to be able to spend the night at their new home. This is the first time in their 30 years of marriage that they have owned a home and had room for us to stay at their home. And, they have had several visitors spend the night now in their new home. We are so very happy for them. 

My entertainment this morning is all on the other side of my back fence. The city sewer people are in Ms. Margaret's yard putting in a manhole  for what ever reason. We have been on a private sewer line forever here and last fall the city finally took it over. In the process of all of that the city determined that the previous owner had really let the thing deteriorate. As a result, of course, they are doing work on it for which our sewer bills have raised to pay for, for at least the next ten years. But, this morning they are digging up a deep trench. I was just out there watching, (where else would I be) and they are down seven feet and have two more feet to go. Their trench is about twenty feet long. As finicky as Ms. Margaret is about her yard; I'll bet she is fit to be tied. 

Last evening was choir practice but with all the other stuff I had to do yesterday, I didn't get around to  running the bulletins. So, that is on my primary agenda today. Ms. Kate is working on the month's birthday cards and also the "Thank you" cards from Christmas that we still haven't gotten around to writing. It sure doesn't take much to get behind. The Christmas trees are still up and that needs to be taken care of. But, I'm in no hurry to do that. I think they will stay up until the last Christmas cookie is gone!!!

I've refilled the bark-butter paste feeders again this morning and have a bunch of different birds out there eating off of them. It's good high energy for them especially in this cold weather.  But now, it is time to wrap this up and get busy. My time as blogger and "over-the-fence-supervisor" must come to an end for today. I pray your day will be a good one. Regardless of what you have planned for today --- God has plans for you too and God will be there with you every second of every day. Take a few moments today and acknowledge that fact. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment