Thursday, March 31, 2022

 How was your Wednesday? Was it interesting? We spent yesterday morning going to the church running the bulletins. I suspect y’all got the same storm that we did. We were supposed to have Bible study last evening but I knew the storm was predicted to hit around 1700 and would be on-going through our Bible study time so I cancelled it. Here at our house and neighborhood we didn’t have any damage that I have seen. But in our TV viewing area, there were lot of wind damage reports. I had taken down a couple of my “yard ornaments” and had pulled my colors in. We did have some pretty powerful gusts to the tune of 55mph but praise the Lord, no damage. Of course, that was our one warm day of the week (80 degrees) and tat is what perpetuated the storms. Today it is only 43 so far this morning and the air feels damp. I went out to the jewelry store and got a new watch battery put in my watch and then drove over to Dunkin Donuts and picked up a half dozen. Between the 43 degrees, a 10th wind, and damp air, it got chilly pretty quick. But —- I pray all of you are okay. Warmer weather and real “Spring” will get here. 

You know, —- I remember when Dunkin Donuts had really good Donuts. That’s really not the case anymore, at least at our local DD. Here locally we have Donut Bank and Parlour Donuts as their competition and both places make so much better donuts. I only went to DD because it was a quick drive through. DD has the Bavarian Creme donuts that I always loved but their donuts are so much “drier” than they used to be. Remember the old commercial where the guy would say “Time to make the donuts”? I think back then each place actually made their own. But now, I think they are shipped in. The places don’t even smell like donuts. And they taste like “day-old” donuts. That’s what happens when corporate America takes on a franchise; prices go up and quality goes down. There used to be a place on Fulton Avenue that was a ‘Mom and Pop” donut shop. I think it was called “Honey Fluff Donuts”. If you got within a block you could smell the donuts baking and they were huge. Two were a meal. I miss that place. Sadly, they retired and had no one to pass the business down to. (Boy, I sound like an old dude reminiscing about the olden days.) LOL

Tuesday afternoon I went to do some parishioner visitation. I had a fellow that had a knee replacement on Monday and was supposed to go home the same day. But he had a couple of complications and they kept him overnight. I waited around to hear from him and we even texted back and forth and he wasn’t hearing anything about gong home, so —- I went on out to the hospital. I was driving around in the parking lot looking for a space when I got a text from him saying he was being released. So, I just kept going and went on to my next person on my list. 

That’s about it for today. The ground is soggy and the air is cold so I won’t be going outside to work today. Maybe I will work on my May services. Maybe I’ll just read the book I’m currently reading and then take a nap! I hope you have a wonderful day. Take stock of your blessing today and then give thanks for them. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment