Wednesday, March 16, 2022

 It is another bright and beautiful day, and it is Wednesday. Or, as the camel would say; HUMP DAAAAY! I love that silly commercial. It generated millions of people going around saying HUMP DAAAAAY!. And now that you have seen it twice, I bet it rides your brain for awhile today too. I’m so glad i could help get your day going for you. 

We have “stuff to do” today. This evening we have Bible study at the church at 1830 so I guess we will leave here around 1630 and go to the church and run our bulletins and get stuff set up for Sunday. Yesterday I spent the afternoon working on my service and sermon for the 27th and got it most of the way done. I need to go downstairs to the office and finish that up. Then I can start working on my April services. I have already put together the Maundy Thursday Service and the Easter Sunrise service so I only have the regularly scheduled Sunday services to work on. But that does include Easter Sunday and that is always a good one to work on. After Easter we go another seven weeks in the Easter season and then we have Pentecost. Pentecost lasts for the next 26 weeks. During the Pentecost season there are no special “religious days” but we do have 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween and Thanksgiving. Three of those four require some recognition of thanksgiving and acknowledgement of our blessings. And no, it’s not Halloween, although daughter Julie might disagree. LOL She does love her Halloween. 

Sitting here looking across the street at neighbor Dan’s Maple tree, I’m amazed at how quickly it is starting to leaf out. This warm weather is doing the trick. It is 49 degrees already this morning and is going up to 72. Bring it on. It will be nice to go out with a short sleeved shirt today instead of a sweatshirt. I think that I can maybe take the snow blade off of the John Deere now and think about putting the mower deck back on. Yes, we have had snow in April before but I have faith that winter, as hard as it has been, is pretty well over with. I may have to call Jim and see if he can make it over to put the mower deck on sometime soon. Certainly the yard doesn’t need mowing just yet but one must prepare and not wait until the last moment. 

That’s it for today. I thunk I’ll scramble up some eggs for breakfast this morning. And I have some freshly squeezed OJ for us. I took the last of the oranges and grapefruit that we brought back from our vacation and \squeezed the juice out of them. It is delicious. 

Go have yourself a wonderful HUMP DAAAAY! Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment