Tuesday, March 1, 2022

 Tuesday morning, March 1st 2022. Here we are, starting the third month of this year already. The really good news is that we are starting march of with a couple of days of really nice weather. It is supposed to go to 60 degrees today and be sunny and dry. That’s all a really good thing s the ground can dry out and i can get out in the yard today today and pick up a winter’s worth of broken twigs and branches before it starts raining next week, maybe even this weekend. 

I haven’t written since our anniversary I don’t think. We had a wonderful day. We received so very many well wishes via Facebook. Were it the “olden days”, we would have had a mailbox full of cards. —- Actually, that isn’t true because it is through social media that people share things that others would not necessarily know such as when your wedding anniversary is or even when your birthday is. We talk about it on Facebook and all of our friends respond to that. I think that is one of the great things about Ms. Kate making all of her greeting cards for folks. It is a much more personal touch knowing that she took the time to make the cards and send them out rather than just tying a “like” on social media. 

We didn’t do a lot on our anniversary other than go out for dinner at the Haub Steakhouse. As I have posted, it was an “okay” meal. The restaurant has been around for years but I understand that it has changed hands and the quality of service and food has gone down. There was nothing wrong with the meal but when you drop $80.00 for a meal and tip, I expect better. The food was no better than I could have gotten anywhere else, and the service was slow. I’ve had worse, but I’ve also had a lot better. It’s seems to be a sign of the times. Ms. Kate and I said that we’ll maybe go back but we won’t be rushing there again any time soon. I would give it a 3 out of 5 star rating. 

We had a good Sunday. The worship services went well and were fairly well attended. So, we went to church, stopped and picked up McDonald’s for lunch, came home and took a nap. 

Yesterday I went to a nursing home to see a parishioner. He was doing fairly well. I got there just as he was sitting down to eat so I sat with him while he had his meal. He had a couple of women at his table and he wasn’t pleased about that. He wants to eat alone. He’s been living alone at home for several years now since his lovely wife passed away and that’s what he is used to. I can understand his thinking. If I didn’t have Ms. Kate, I wouldn’t want a couple of strange people sitting at my table either. But, he was glad to see me and visit with me and didn’t want me to leave. 

I was up at 0600 today for some reason. That’s not a good thing. I like my sleep and I feel like I got robbed. LOL. 

Since I’m up though, I might as well get off of my computer and get some work done. I hope you have am excellent day. Peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment