Friday, March 4, 2022

 Hello Friday, nice of you to join us this week. I think Thursday must have skipped town because I don’t see him here. It’s 39 degrees and sunny and promises to go up to sixty or so. That’s doable I reckon. So far we don’t have a lot of plans or maybe no plans at all for today. I have several things started and several things I could be doing. I have a good start on my sermon for the 13th and I have the actual worship service finished. I just need to keep my thoughts in line and get the sermon written. I also need to look at my calendar and organize my brain. I have a wedding coming up in a couple of months and I need to start the counseling for that young couple. And, I have added a Bible study to my weekly schedule for the Lenten season. Plus I’m working on a Tenebrae service for Maundy Thursday and have barely gotten past “thinking about it” stage. 

We still haven’t done our taxes although I did get the corrected document form the church and we could do them. I hate to waste a sunny day doing taxes. We need to do them on a nasty rainy day when we are already in a bummer mood anyway. LOL I wouldn’t want doing taxes to ruin an otherwise pleasant day. This way we can save all of our grumpiest for one day. 

I think I maybe need to go get a haircut today too. It feels like my hair is tickling the junction between my head and my ears. It’s just enough to bug me and I keep swiping at it. 

The war in Ukraine is still waging. Russia’s President  Putin is bound and determined that he is going to crush that country and bring it back under Russia once again. He hates democracy and he hates the fact that the USSR fell apart many years ago. He was a KGB officer (Russian spy service like a gestapo) during that time and part of the very brutal regime. His dream is to bring it all back together and become the world power it once was, regardless of how many people have to die to make that happen. The world has totally turned against him and he is being backed into a corner and that makes him even more dangerous. There are a million refugees that have fled Ukraine and they are all women and children. Every male between the age of 16 and 70 has been ordered to stay and fight for their freedom and they have been effective against an overwhelming force. But they are simply out manned and out gunned. I fear a lot more people are going to die because Putin will not back down. And, while Americans and other nations are all pledging support and are waving Ukrainian flags here where there is peace, they have no idea the horror that can come if Putin escalate this thing to use of nuclear weapons. So, pray, my friends. Pray for peace, pray for the suffering people, Pray that Putin will come to his senses and realize what he is doing. 

On that note, I will close and wish you a peaceful and pleasant day. Shalomn. 







No comments:

Post a Comment