Wednesday, March 2, 2022

 Wednesday morning, and not just any Wednesday morning. It is Ash Wednesday and this is the beginning of the Lenten season for Christians all over the world. Tonight we will have a worship service and will do Holy Communion and the Imposition of Ashes as part of the service. I always look forward to this service. I think it is because I like the “formality” of the service and the adherence to some old traditions that don’t get practiced in a lot of churches. I like the coming to the altar for communion, I like the imposition of ashes to signify our atonement for our sins. For me, it brings us deeper into our relationship with God and involves us in the life of Jesus Christ on a deeper level. We have two services that are “extra” during the Lenten season; Ash Wednesday and Maundy Thursday. Maundy Thursday acknowledges the “Last Supper” that Jesus ate with his disciples prior to his arrest, trial and crucifixion, and Resurrection. It sits between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. I know probably all of you know that but just in case someone who is “unchurched” happens to read this blog, I like to share my faith and rituals. 

Yesterday was a beautiful day and we took advantage of it. Ms. kate went out and cut back a patch of Garlic Chives that was growing in one of my flowerbeds. There are also daffodils growing in that location and they were being over shadowed. Then she cut back a bunch of dead stems from the lilies from last year. In the mean time I pulled my garbage can around to the back yard and picked up sticks and branches and things that had fallen over the winter and late fall. I take them and break them up into six to eight in lengths and put them in the trash. I filled my large garbage can with them. That is is a little beginning on all of the “Spring clean-up” I have to do. But, it is a start and ya’ gotta start somewhere. We are supposed to have two more really nice days and then it is supposed to rain some more. So, I just want to get a little something done while I can. 

I’m hoping to get my corrected last W-2 tonight so we can finally get our taxes done. But, if it is nice tomorrow and the next day, I’m going to be outside and not at the desk doing taxes. God gives us rainy days for that job. 

Well, my breakfast was a comedy of errors this morning. I decided that I’d fix a pan of Pillsbury Orange rolls. I like those a lot. So, I preheated the oven, and got a can of rolls out of the fridge and opened them and discovered that I had opened a can of biscuits instead. So — okay, I can remedy that by using the biscuits and rolls them in melted butter and then swipe them through a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. I did that and put them in the oven to bake. But, then I read that I should have put them two inches apart according to the baking directions. It was too late by then because I wasn’t going to dirty up another pan. So, I baked them the appropriate amount of time and put them on a plate. Error three was that these were Grands, flaky layered biscuits and I think they must have had butter in them already. I ate one and a half and toddled them in the wastebasket. They just didn’t taste like they were supposed to. I’m probably not ready to go on Top Chef just yet. I guess that’s why we have boxes of cereal around here. 

That’s it. Ms.Kate is having trouble with her diverticulitis again today and isn’t feeling well. I gotta keep a check on her and then this afternoon/evening I need to go to the church early enough to run my bulletins for Sunday and prep for tonight’s service. 

Have yourself a blessed day. It’s the season to walk to the cross of Jesus \so keep yourself in prayer. Peace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment