Saturday, March 12, 2022

 The cardinals and the wrens are enjoying the Backyard Buffet this morning even though they have to brush aside a little bit of snow. We got what I call a “very convenient snow” last night. It is a solid dusting meaning it covered mist everything, but the roads and sidewalks are totally dry. But it is a cold one today. It. Isn’t supposed to go above 30 degrees and the wind is stiff. However, the daffodil blooms are sticking their noses above the snow. God always provides a blessing and a promise of better things to come. So, it is a good way to start a Saturday morning. 

I bought the new Collingsworth Family album for my IPad and am listening to it this morning along with my coffee and and a cherry turnover. I don’t know if you have heard of the Collingsworth family or not but they are a fantastic group. They are a gospel group and their harmony is off the charts. I don’t i have I have ever heard a group of singers with a better blend and intonation. Dad and son sing tenor, non and one of the daughters sings also, and two of the sisters sing soprano. I have several of their albums on my IPad and listen to them all the time as well as watch their videos on You Tube along with all of my other favorites. 

We picked up an eight pack of cherry turnovers at Sam’s yesterday as part of our call-in order. I love that feature of shopping. Just get on the computer and order, pull up to the store and they bring it out and put it in the car. How convenient is that? We do that at Meijers and occasionally at Walmart too. Most of the time it works out very well although we have had a couple of disappointments. The nice thing is that we don’t end up buying the “oh, that’s something I want” items. And I don’t have to walk all over the store looking for stuff.  

Did I tell you that we had a really good Bible Study Wednesday night? We had a dozen participants and they got involved with the discussion. That always makes for a nice study. I pray that it will be blessed by God and continue . We certainly have room for more. 

Today we will finish up the laundry we started last night and then I need to get down to the basement and work on next weeks message. I also need to set all of the clocks today because we change over to Daylight Saving Time tonight. I have already set the alarm clock. It wouldn’t be good for me to be late for church. 

I hope you plan to get out and brave the cold tomorrow and go to your house of worship. God has blessed you this week in ways you don’t even recognize or know about.  Go and join with other worshippers and give praise. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment