Monday, April 26, 2021

 Welcome to a brand new week. What a great way to begin it; it’s 60 degrees, a breeze is keeping the chimes ringing, the sky is clear and blue and it is going up to 75 or so today. Just a slice of heaven for which I am thankful to God. 

How was your weekend? We had a good one mostly. I had to spend most of my Saturday morning in a Zoom meeting; three and a half hours of “ya da, ya da” and stuff I wasn’t remotely interested in. But, as I said before, I play the political games when absolutely necessary. It is even worse when most of what is being said is stuff that I disagree with. This three and a half hour session is making me even more dread the six hour session I have coming up on the 15th of May because I know it is going to just turn my crank. Don’t you just hate when you know you have an obligation to fill and you go into it with a totally negative  prejudiced expectation of the event?  That will be a “Boundary Awareness”training class. Thank goodness we only have to take it once every three years. 

Yesterday’s worship services went well. I am loving the new camera and sound system that we use for broadcasting our services. The picture and sound is so clear. The down side is that I think folks are enjoying it at home and I would love to have them in person. We’ve had 122 hits on yesterday’s service already. That’s wonderful but the selfish, and yes, prideful part of me would really love to see these folks come back to church and worship with us in person. But, I had a great remark made yesterday from someone who said it is so wonderful to be able to worship from five states away. So, I’;; make my apologies to God for being selfish. 

Today I’m going to work on my Mother’s Day sermon. However, at the moment I have a cake in the oven. I got hungry for cake so I mixed one up and it is baking. In another hour it will be done and cool enough to eat. It’s a chocolate cake. Hopefully it turns out well. 

The rain this weekend did a world of good for all of the plants and seeds we put in the ground on Friday. I think maybe this week I will go looking for tomato plants and some okra plants. I think the danger of frost has passed. I also need to get a few five-gallon buckets and cut the bottoms out of them. I always put them around my tomato plants to keep the critters from eating them. And, it keep the plants warm and helps them grow. That’s something I learned from my buddy Bob. 

Okay, I gotta find a recipe for making icing. You go have a blessed day. Peace, 












No comments:

Post a Comment