Tuesday, April 20, 2021

 Sunshine, birds singing, beautiful flowers and 50 degrees are my morning setting and it is going up to 65 today. Not a bad way to start off the day. And to think, — in 24 hours, we will most likely have snow on the ground and be under a freeze warning. Mother Nature is one fickle old gal. We have a relative a couple of states over that showed pictures or the four inches of snow on his deck and yard, and it’s headed this way. Although, we may only get a slight dusting if we get anything at all. But, I am going to cover up the new peonies and butterfly bush that I just planted and my couple of squash and cucumber plants. I still have more stuff to put in the ground, but that is still in their little containers. I’ll set those in the garage for the next couple of days to keep them from freezing. I sure didn’t expect to have to be worrying about frost and freeze and snow on the last half of April. 

We made it to Sam’s club yesterday. And of course we found and bought stuff that we absolutely did not need. One of the first things we found was a couple of new patio pots and these things are huge. Unfortunately, one of us seemed to think it they would be “perfect” out on our back patio but she didn’t realize just how big these things are until we got them home. They take up a lot of room too. Ms. Kate thought they would be perfect to transplant our geraniums into that we take out to the patio every summer and bring into the house every winter. Well, it is going to take 2 cubic feet of dirt to fill each one of those and they are going to be heavy as the dickens to move around, if I can move them at all. Her concept was right though. Those geraniums would look beautiful in them. So, I guess we will see how all of this flushes out. 

I notice that a couple of the feeders are empty again out there in the Buffet. I need to fill those today so the birds will have them in the morning. And, I guess I will plug the bird bath back in so it isn’t iced over in the morning. I don’t think I need to unhook the hoses that I just hooked up two days ago but the birdbath will glaze over with ice and since I have the capability to keep them from doing that, why not??

Time to refill the coffee cup and sit here and be grateful for another day. Go fill your cup and sit here with me as we watch the cardinals  dance their spring mating dance chasing one another all of the yard. Have a blessed day and take time to be grateful to the Lord God for our Savior, namely His Son, Jesus the Christ. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment