Wednesday, April 21, 2021

 We had our “snowmagedden” snow storm last night. I went out around midnight and looked at the results and I’m glad I did. Last night it looked pretty cool under glow of the neighborhood yard lights. This morning it looks more like a heavy frost. But it was the third largest April snow storm we have had, so there is that. I went out and I covered the plants this morning that I had covered up last evening. The huge peony bloom that we had was broken off from the weight of the rain and snow so I cut it at the break and brought it in and put it in a vase. We’ll enjoy it for a few more days before it falls apart. The rest of the peonies looked sad this morning but I suspect they will bounce back. I may have to cover things up again this evening. The temperature is supposed to get down to 34 tonight. The crazy thing is that we are predicted to have temperatures in the low 80’s within the week. Aaaah Spring, you do keep me entertained. 

I know it is Wednesday but I think that we will not go run the bulletins today. It will be a warmer day tomorrow and nicer weather. Today I’m going to try to finish up the May 2nd sermon that I started on last night. There is no real hurry to run those bulletins; no one will need them before Sunday except maybe Brenda, our organist; and I sent her a copy already via email. We did go to the church yesterday to take care of an administration issue for one of my parishioners. On nice days, if we are going to the church we like to pick up something to eat for a picnic. We sit in the car out under the maple tree and just watch the farmers as they do their work in the fields or watch the traffic and listen to the birds. It is very relaxing and gives us wonderful “us time”. Ms. Kate and I have always been “picnickers”. While I was in the Air Force we would sometimes go out to the base park or lake at lunch time and have our lunch together. Marriages are much better when you like one another and like spending time together. These days even though we are both at home most of the time, we still go our separate ways. I’m usually down stairs in my office and she’s usually in her office/craft room. So we are in the same house but not together. We don’t like the same TV shows so we watch TV separately too. Always together —- yet apart. So a picnic or a day trip is a real joy. Last week, we even spent a day geocaching, but I think I told y’all that. 

I have three “Zoom” events coming up. This Saturday our local church association is holding their spring meeting via Zoom. Then I have class through zoom next week, and then another 6 hr class on the 15th of May. |It looks like Zoom is the wave of the present and future. It is convenient I guess. But not everyone haas the Zoom capability or understanding of it. I’m certainly one of those who doesn’t understand it but I do it. 

I guess I better get a couple of thing done here for Ms. Kate and then get downstairs and start writing. Have yourself a most blessed day. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment