Wednesday, April 28, 2021

 It’s already mid-week, wow. Time does slip by quickly sometimes. It is already 74 degrees this morning but it didn’t feel that warm when I was outside. And I sitting here in the sunporch with the glass doors open and am using the screen doors. I think the fact that it is overcast and no sun is getting through sure makes a big difference. And there is a slight breeze that carries a hint of the moisture that is coming with the predicted rain and storms for tonight and tomorrow. 

Yesterday was busy. We did our grocery shopping. We went to our favorite jewelry store to have Ms. Kate’s diamonds on her wedding rings checked for tightness. That store is closing shortly because the owner is retiring. I hate to see that, they are nice people and run a good business that has been good for the community. It hasn’t been very healthy for my wallet though. I like buying Ms. Kate jewelry. 

After we did those things we headed up to the churches to run the bulletins for the week. Unfortunately, when we got there I realized I had forgotten to bring the keys to get into St. Paul’s. St. Lucas has a \combo-lock and doesn’t require a key. But, not being able to get into the church meant that I could not run the large print bulletins. The copier at St. Lucas doesn’t have that capability. So, I ran the small bulletins and we went home and. Did a turn-around and went back up and finished the job. It was a 50 mile wasted trip because I wasn’t thinking. The problem is that I don’t need to put my key in the ignition of the car. It starts and runs if you simply have the key in your pocket. The church keys are on my car key ring. But, Ms. Kate had her set of car keys in her purse, so the car started up. The other problem is that sometimes I just do dumb things!! LOL

Today I have a class to attend via Zoom. It should last an hour and  a half. So, I’ll sit here in the sunporch with my coffee, watch the birds, and attend class. I picked this class out because it does sound interesting. It is on the dynamics of small rural churches. I hope it is being taught by someone that experienced working in a small rural church and not just some person with a theory. 

I have a couple of feeders that need filling so I reckon I should do that before the rain. The first thing I did this morning was empty the bird bath and scrub it out. The bird had really made a mess of it and all of the helicopter seeds landing in it didn’t help anything either. Have yourself a blessed day\. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment