Friday, April 16, 2021

 There is the cutest little wren sitting on a feeder out there and it is singing its little heart out. Maybe it is celebrating the fact that the sun is finally trying to peek through the clouds. So far it has been a cloudy and cool 49 degree morning. y guests this morning have been mostly blackbirds of one variety or another, Redwings or Starlings. The Redwings are at least pretty. The Starlings are just nasty. 

Yesterday was a take care of business day. First of all I ordered the license plates for the cars and I could do that on line. Here in Indiana we will just get a new sticker to put on the plate showing expiration next year. Then we decided to go to the BMV and get our new driver’s licenses and “Real ID.”. I put together what I thought I needed and we made the trip to the BMV, got our number and sat down and waited. Because of COVID they have very limited seating and even though we were together, we had to be waited on one at a time. So, my turn came and I went up. I told the lady that we were together. She asked for my current DL and my birth certificate which I gave her. She asked if Kate had her birth certificate and I said yes. Then she asked if I had our Marriage license. I said no, but why. She said because my wife would have had a name change and the name on her birth certificate would be different. I said that’s true but she’s had 55 years of DL since then and we never had to show a marriage license. But this was because of the “Real ID”. Also, I had to show my SSN and I showed her my military ID which has my SSN on it but she told me that wasn’t sufficient. So, we went back home for more documentation. Well, I couldn’t find my actual SSN card so I had to take my Social Security tax paperwork to sho proof. But, we finally got our new driver’s license/Real ID card ordered. They should be here within two weeks. Bureaucracy!!!!! 

Next, I went on line to order a new Social Security Card. That’s another “process”. But, I downloaded the form put my “documentation” and the form in an envelope and will be mailing it today. More Bureaucracy!!!!

So, while we got a lot of stuff taken care of yesterday —- maybe today we can get something done! With that said I guess I better get at it. Thanks for letting me rant! Have a great Friday. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment