Wednesday, April 14, 2021

 Good morning, It’s 58 degrees with a clouded over sky and moisture in the air. It was sprinkling when I first came out to the sun porch but has stopped now. But the good news is I have several cardinals out here this morning at the Backyard Buffet. I’ve counted five or six. Some times it’s hard to keep track because they flit around so much. And of course there are some starlings coming in and out, but several other birds too. So, it is a pleasant morning to sit and watch what is going on. Watching the little wrens is entertainment all by itself. 

It is Wednesday and that usually means that we will be going to the churches to run the bulletins. I suspect we will again but maybe later in the day. I’d like to get the plants we bought yesterday in the ground this morning. Just got to wait for “directions and guidance” from the boss. I’m sure she has some very specific locations in mind for where she wants stuff. And —- before I plant, I need to go to the grocery store and get some cans of sardines, and I need to pick up some fresh potting soil. “Sardines”, you may say; —- yep, she wants sardines put in the bottom of the hole that I’m going to plant the peonies in. It adds  nutrients to the soil. It sounds silly but believe it or not, it does work. Of course I rather go fishing and catch some small “throw away fish” but I don’t have time for that and  sardines are less than a buck a can I think. You buy the ones in water, not in oil. And, if you’re worried about neighbor hood cats or other critters smelling  them and digging them up, you put some coffee grounds in the hole on top of the sardines. That sounds a bit silly but I have to admit that I had an experience like that once. When we have milk that is expired, I always pour it out on the ground around the rose bushes. One day I went out there and there was a big dug out place under  one of my roses. I found out that raccoons will dig in there for the certain nutrients it can get from that spoiled milk.  I never cease to be amazed at the things I learn. 

So, that catches you up pan all of my exciting facts for today. Now I got to get cleaned up and start my day. I hope your day is full of blessings and good things. Don’t forget to thank the source. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment