Thursday, April 15, 2021

 Happy bright and sunny and very chilly Thursday morning. I went outside to bring up my trash can and I’m glad I’m wearing my sweatshirt today. It look beautiful out there and it is but, yeah, it’s a chilly 50 degrees and is only going up another 10 degrees today. 

My day began with renewing my plates for all three vehicles. Our tags run out next month but I wanted to get it done before I forget about it and end up with expired vehicles tags. And, it is so easy to do since I can do it on line. It’s not cheap to do though, $650.00 for the three vehicles. Ms. Kate and I need to go get our new drivers license soon too. This new policy of having to have something special put on your license to board an airplane is ridiculous in my opinion. I’ve only had a drivers license for 60 years and my DL has always been good enough to show for identification purposes but now you have to have a special something, a start or plane or something stamped on your license if you want to board a plane. Of course  if a person has no intention of flying you don’t need it. I’m probably making a big deal over nothing. But think about this;  you have to take two forms of ID for proof of residence to get an ID. One form they suggest is a passport and Ms. Kate and I have a passport, —- but I got the out last night and they have expired a week ago. So, that is something else we have to do; get new passports. And just think, if I was an illegal alien, I wouldn’t need any of that. And, I could get free housing and college and health care. Bureaucracy!!!!! We may go get that taken care of today though. 

I need to get my new plants in the ground today. I think Ms. Kate has pointed out the spots she wants stuff so maybe I can get that all taken care of today too. I ought to keep a check list of so on my plate and maybe I wouldn’t be jumping from one thing to another. I worked for a Colonel once who always told us that work is like a Pac Man game. One bite at a time and move on to the next. I’ve found over the years that his advice is sound. 

Okay, I need to finish my cup of coffee and then try to round up documents for my new DL. I also have to take a vision test this time. I’m getting old ya’know. Have a great day. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment