Friday, April 9, 2021

 Happy morning to you! Here we are at the end of the work week, unless of course your work week includes a Saturday in it. As I look out my sunporch windows, the sky to the west and north is full of blue skies and fluffy clouds. However, the sky to the south appears to have much darker clouds that are almost grey. The wind is out of the southwest so perhaps it will “blow-over”. 

I did get some writing done yesterday but I’m not all that pleased with it. Some times I get these ideas in my mind and they sound good at the time but then I have a hard time actually putting them down on paper. It’s like my brain doesn’t connect to my fingers and when I go to write my thoughts, they get all caught up in a log jam. It gets frustrating and when I get frustrated, I might as well get up from the computer because  I will just be wasting my time putting words on paper. Then I go sit and read or do some other activity and maybe everything will start fresh and I can go back. I think I am about at that point today, but not quite yet. It’s a good thing I’m writing a sermon for a coupe of Sundays from now. I might have it done by then. LOL

The starlings and the mockingbirds are here this morning to fuss and g’night with one another. In between rounds, the finches and other smaller birds come ib for a bite or two. The squirrels are warming up for their morning Squirrel Olympics. They will start their morning running and chasing and  jumping shortly. The trees surrounding my yard are tall and expansive and the squirrels jump from one to another and cover three yards without ever touching the ground. It is amazing to watch them as they land on branches so thin that I don’t see how they don’t break. I may not particularly like the squirrels but they are entertaining and God created some amazing creatures when God made them. I’m just not sure what their purpose in creation is. I’m sure they must fill some role in the ecological system or God would not have created them. 

Well, I just had an interesting thing happen. My neighbor came and asked if she could “borrow” my “wifi”. Their’s went down and she was in the middle of teaching a class. So, I have let her in on the sunporch and set her up with a little table to put her stuff on and she is teaching her class via computer from my sunporch. Ya’ see how God gives us little opportunities to do something for somebody? Our opportunities to help one another in this life do not have to be grandiose.  Sometimes all it takes is saying “sure, come on over!”

I think that today I will mow the yards if I have time. It depends on what Ms. Kate has on her agenda, and of course if I can get my writing done. 

So, I better get on with my day. I need to start by cleaning myself up and getting presentable. Have a great Friday and get ready for a great weekend. Don’t get so busy that you forget to express your gratitude to God. God love sharing from us. 

Peace. 












No comments:

Post a Comment